As the leading independent modern media company, Vox Media ignites conversations & influences culture. Across digital, podcasts, TV, streaming, live events, & print, we tell stories that affect our audience's daily lives & entertain as much as they inform.
Our portfolio features influential & respected editorial properties including Vox, New York Magazine, The Verge, The Cut, Eater, Vulture, The Strategist, Polygon, SB Nation, Intelligencer, Curbed, Grub Street & Recode. Off-platform, the Vox Media Podcast Network offers one of the largest collections of popular podcasts, & Vox Media Studios produces & distributes the award-winning nonfiction shows. Powered by innovative technology that scales quality, the Chorus publishing platform & Concert advertising marketplace answer the always-changing needs of modern audiences, creators & marketers.
Vox Media has been named one of Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies in Media, an Company of the Year, Digidays Best Company for Parents, & one of the Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign.
The Cut is in a dynamic conversation with women about the issues that matter to them most politics, feminism, work, money, relationships, mental health, fashion, & issues relating to equality. Our stories are organized around four categories: Style, Self, Culture, & Power words that give us a framework for what it means to be a woman moving forward in the world today.
The Cut's Instagram Editor is responsible for the brands extension & presence on Instagram. This position actively engages with the entire team at the Cut to nail down the distinct voice of the site. You should know as much about Hailey Baldwin paparazzi photos-turned-memes as you do about news coming out of Washington, as well as the history of Cline. The ideal candidate enjoys the fast pace of news, has an interest in culture & fashion, & is a great collaborator.
- Drive traffic to the site with engaging, timely, funny, & informative posts on Instagram
- Grow our audience by developing an Instagram page that stands out among the noise
- Build a core, engaged audience by producing weekly Lives, takeovers, & Reels
- Produce & host live interviews on the Cuts social accounts, identifying & prepping guests
- Manage communications with editors to create social-specific promotions of their stories
- Work with marketing & branded content on new campaigns & advertising initiatives
- Manage other social media accounts as needed for New York Media brands
- Other responsibilities as assigned by manager or supervisor
- 1-3 years experience managing & creating content for social media account(s), including Instagram, for a media/publishing company
- In-depth understanding of engagement metrics & audience growth strategies
- Experience hosting live videos; identifying, prepping, & interviewing guests; & leading engaging conversations for a digital audience
- Ability to manage shifting priorities & tight deadlines associated with a fast-paced news cycle
- Strong understanding & passion for the editorial sensibility of the Cut
- Deep familiarity with the Cuts pillars of Style, Self, Culture, & Power
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule, including nights & weekends
- Bachelor degree required, preferably in journalism or related field
About working at Vox Media:
This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefitsincluding flexible hours & generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees & to ensure that our healthcare & other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging & funand who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds & everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer & does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.