Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring an Medical Practice Operations Associate to join our Virtual Operations team.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
About the role:
Oscar Medical Group is expanding its scope of service, geographic footprint, & provider hires to offer world class virtual care, including urgent care & longitudinal primary care, to Oscar Health members.
As we expand the practice, we need an experienced operations person to help keep the practice on track. The Medical Practice Associate will be responsible for day to day practice operations, including but not limited to, workforce management, staffing, scheduling, licensing, credentialing, operational efficiencies, claims & revenue cycle management for a virtual team located across the country.
You will report into the Manager, Care Delivery
- Responsible for day to day practice operations & developing optimized processes that support practice success.
- Responsible for workforce management; managing & maintaining staffing schedules for assigned clinic operations, including managing daily staffing plans for practice staff to ensure optimal efficiency.
- Assists with the licensing & credentialing process for practice providers & responsible for tracking licensing & credentialing for practice providers.
- Supports the clinical team with credentialing & licensing maintenance.
- Oversees claims & revenue cycle management to ensure compliance & efficiency & collaborates with management teams to increase collections & reduce denials.
- Supports the practice providers to ensure processes are optimized enabling them to deliver higher quality care.
- Partners with the clinical quality team to develop structured operational processes that provide high standards of care.
- Work cross functionally with Product, IT, HR & other key Oscar stakeholder groups to keep the practice running smoothly day to day.
- 3-5+ years Practice Management & operations management experience; ideally with outpatient / physician practices
- Medical Billing & Coding certification (e.g. CPC)
- 1 + years Workforce management & scheduling experience
- Familiarity with practice financials, claims & revenue cycle management.
- Understanding of provider practice operations
- Experience with SQL & data visualization management
- Experience with remote workforce management/remote work.
- Forecasting/modeling experience
- Process Improvement / Six Sigma experience
- Experience in tech-forward Practices (i.e. practices that have incorporated telemedicine)
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.