Identify, test & scale revenue opportunities. Level-up our RevTech stack & build new capabilities. Inspire, lead & collaborate.
The Role Youll Play:
The Director of Revenue Operations will help build & scale our RevOps team & impact at CBI. You will help design the strategy, build & maintain our infrastructure, level-up our analytics, & optimize our go-to-market organization which includes 130+ team members across Sales, Customer Success & Marketing.
You will be a critical leader in our go-to-market organization - reporting to our VP of RevOps & partnering with leadership & teams across Marketing, Customer Success, Sales, Finance & Product to drive step-change revenue outcomes & impact.
You will help us innovate data-driven approaches to growth, lead your own team, & launch strategic projects to drive revenue at a high-growth SaaS company.
About the Go-to-market & RevOps team:
The RevOps team at CB Insights is at the cutting edge of the industry -- we are the vanguard of company go-to-market strategy, committed to driving measurable revenue outcomes, & are a pillar for tripling our companys revenue again in coming quarters.
RevOps at CBI is focused on driving strategic revenue impact: we strategize how to go-to-market (vs. supporting sales), we publish actionable intelligence for the business (vs. refreshing charts), we lead the identification, testing & rollout of revenue initiatives (vs. supporting the roadmap), & build an innovative & ever-evolving revtech stack to scale our business (vs. maintaining the mess).
We espouse a product-minded approach towards growth -- we are bold & hypothesis-driven, believe in test & learn & failing fast, always focus the company on our target market, & build the flywheel to automate as much growth as possible.
The RevOps function is part of Go-to-Market at CB Insights - reporting to our COO & comprising Sales, Marketing, Customer Success, Enablement & RevOps.
Your Main Tasks:
- Lead & inspire
- Manage two to three team members upfront, building up your team over time
- Act as an effective & caring people-leader -- developing & attracting talent, & helping scaling our team & company culture.
- Help level-up our insights on our business & market.
- Ideate & evaluate hypotheses for improving outcomes across our revenue funnel
- Help demystify our prospect to customer journey - codifying actionable learnings in partnership with Enablement.
- Own revenue infrastructure.
- Identify systems opportunities, build new processes & capabilities.
- Be a primary owner of our overall revtech stack, & own the roadmap to keep us two steps ahead.
- Own & execute step-change initiatives.
- Partner with our GTM leadership team to identify & launch step-change strategic opportunities - for example, the launch of new channels or greenfield markets.
- Lead cross-functional efforts to improve or reimagine parts of our revenue funnel
- Key contributor to quarterly prioritization & OKRs.
- Help launch a Revenue Lab to continuously test improvements to our prospect through customer journey
What you bring to the table:
- The ideal candidate has a strong background in enterprise Revenue / Sales Operations with 7+ years of experience
- Experience building & leading teams -- compassionate, empathetic & effective people leader known for developing your people
- Top-class problem-solver -- quickly translate ambiguity into insight & actionable recommendations
- Experienced with sales & mktg functions in high-growth startups (a builder vs. optimizer) -- & in teaming effectively with multiple revenue functions
- Top-class analytics skills - understand the importance of data & acumen
- Understands the prospect through customer lifecycle -- from a CX, revenue funnel, & staffing perspective
- Excellent communicator
- Proficient across the RevTech stack -- SalesForce, Hubspot or other marketing automation, forecasting tools, customer success software, workflow infrastructure such as LeanData, etc. You understand all SFDC admin capabilities (validation rules, process builders, etc.) - & can help guide the team & build yourself when needed.
- Experienced with agile methodologies & sprint planning. JIRA familiarity preferred
- Bachelors degree required, MBA a plus.
- Financial and/or consulting background a plus.
Whats CB Insights All About:
The CB Insights platform is the smartest way to explore & exploit emerging technologies. We help the worlds leading companies accelerate their digital strategy & transformation with data, not opinion. Our Emerging Technology Insights Platform fuses machine & human intelligence to help you discover & manage your response to emerging technology startups & markets.
Youll be successful here if:
- Youre knowledgeable & innovative: You know the playbooks that work elsewhere, & build the ones that works for CBI
- Youre a true owner: You have an ownership mindset & instill it in your team. You set an example for owning & learning from wins, failures & bets.
- You focus on results: You dont believe in vanity metrics, & believe in taking swings at big outcomes.
- Youre collaborative & to build something great together: You believe in shared wins & want to be a critical team member in scaling CBI to $150M+. You believe our success is your success & vice versa
- You draw the owl
- Amazing culture that emphasizes folks who have high standards, humility, hunger, helpfulness & who work hard. Learn more here
- A newsletter that 600k people follow: Sign up here.
- Be Healthy: Health with HSA & FSA options, dental, & vision insurance along with unlimited/take what you need sick day policy
- Plan for the future: 401k with up to 4% match
- Continued Learning: $1,000 yearly continuing education stipend
- Rest & Relax: Competitive vacation & holiday plans
- Refuel: Daily lunch stipend, unlimited snacks/coffee
We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving & creative thinking. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team & encourage everyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
Equal Opportunity Employer: CB Insights is committed to creating a diverse environment & is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If you know someone who'd be perfect for the role,
submit here & you'll be eligible for $5,000!