At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
Lyft is looking for an experienced Legislative Counsel to join our fast-growing & fast-paced team! Based in either San Francisco or Washington, DC, this stellar individual will be directly involved in shaping the legal & regulatory framework for the evolving ridesharing industry as a pivotal part of our Public Policy team. Come join the exciting ride!
- Review, evaluate, edit & draft federal, state & local legislation
- Assist in identifying legislative trends & developing strategies & policy language to further Lyfts interests
- Identify, track, & advise on introduced & proposed legislation.
- Collaborate with Lyfts Public Policy team members on market-specific legislative efforts
- Coordinate with Lyfts compliance, legal, & operations teams as new regulatory frameworks are implemented
- Law degree required
- 3+ years of experience with legislative drafting for state and/or federal matters
- Exceptional ability to critically analyze policy issues
- Excellent written communication skills & attention to detail
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, demanding (and sometimes unstructured) environment
- Self-starter; intrinsically motivated
- Love of travel
- Experience with insurance law a plus but not required
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Monthly commuter subsidy to cover your transit to work
- 20% off all Lyft rides
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues & hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy & safe workplace & strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance & other similar state laws & local ordinances, & its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.