Grow Flexport in Latin America
We are looking for an entrepreneurial self-starter to create a growth in LATAM by building a trade structure to support commercial development for existing & new customers.
This is an opportunity to spearhead the building of a scalable trade lane structure for Latin America. You will initially focus on the North-South trade lane & impact all aspects from procurement, carrier relationships to guiding the commercial organization. In addition to yourr primary responsibilities, as the trade lane manager you will support the ramp up of our Flexport partner team & provide market insight, content & guidance across the organization
- Develop & maintain relations with ocean carrier partners relevant to Latin America trade lanes, inclusive of global & regional partners
- Execute on Global Carrier Strategy & Development as well as Regional Trade Carrier Strategy
- Establish Rate coverage for LATAM Trades including Latin America Export to Europe, Asia & North America
- Procure competitive FAK & NAC rates. Understand individual country requirements & negotiate accordingly.
- Be responsible for responding to tenders & RFQs to secure regional & global customers
- Manage Day to Day Pricing & Procurement activities
- Provide updated market information on carriers & trade situation
- Support Partnership management & Latin American expansion
- Actively support the Flexport Sales organization with market information, sales leads & joint sales meetings
- Educate teams with trade specific market knowledge & trade idiosyncrasies relevant to the market
- Be the knowledge Center for all things LATAM
You should have:
- An in depth & market knowledge of Latin America Trades & the USA markets
- Established carrier relationships in the USA & Latin America with key trade decision makers
- Comfortability to make decisions independently, but able to collaborate
- Proven Leadership & be able to provide guidance to the organization
- The abiliity to work independently
- The ability to travel 25-50% once travel reopens
- Fluency in Spanish & English
We believe trade can move the human race forward. Thats why its our mission to make global trade easy for everyone. Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering buyers, sellers & their logistics partners with the technology & services to grow & innovate. Today, companies of all sizesfrom emerging brands to Fortune 500suse Flexport technology to move more than $10B of merchandise across 112 countries every year.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated & engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating & nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical & mental disability, health status, marital & family status, sexual orientation, gender identity & expression, military & veteran status, & any other characteristic protected by applicable law.