BuzzFeed News is looking for an experienced, inspired journalist to take a lead role in our world-class newsroom & in building a strong news business.
This role will be responsible for high-level decisions particularly around pursuing external partnerships & opportunities to build on our trailblazing journalism & for representing BuzzFeed News internally & externally: With current & potential partners; BuzzFeeds business development arm; advertisers & BuzzFeeds advertising department; our nascent membership program; & in building a news events business. The role will also involve managing some internal teams, particularly the ones connected to operations & partnerships.
This is a role for a person who understands that the core of our business is ambitious journalism -- & who is obsessed with making the news smart, efficient, & financially sustainable.
This role will work closely both with senior editors & other senior leaders at BuzzFeed, & report to the editor-in-chief.
- Experience reporting and/or editing high-stakes stories.
- Significant experience in newsroom leadership
- Experience in some of the business functions of news
- Experience managing people & budgets
- A track record of making creative partnerships and/or deals.
- Love for news in all its forms.
- Oversight of newsroom budget & operations
- Managing relationships internal relationships with ourmembership, commerce, & sales teams
- Managing & expanding relationships with partners, including non-profit organizations
- Shaping & executing an events strategy for BuzzFeed News
- Exercising judgement & at times policing the line between journalism & business.
Life at BuzzFeed
BuzzFeed strongly believes that the more diverse our team, the better our work will be. BuzzFeed is committed to equal opportunity employment & celebrates inclusion in all circumstances. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for growth & development via work experience & offerings from our in-house Learning Team
- Employee resource groups, frequent in-office events, volunteer opportunities, & more
- An attractive compensation package, including salary & equity
- A generous & well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO & unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more
- No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, & beverages
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media & tech company delivering news & entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 17 cities around the world & more than 1100 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, & more. We value a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, humble confidence, & hard work (fused with fun). At BuzzFeed, youll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools & create content that helps connect people all over the world.