At Pluralsight, content & curriculum are the lifeblood of our organization. We are hiring for a Principal Business Analyst to craft & implement the strategies that will enable us to further democratize technology through world-class content. This role will partner with & advise senior leadership throughout the content & curriculum organizations to deliver meaningful impact to our millions of learners.
You will be responsible for creating & driving the product strategy that will optimize the content creation value chain across existing learning formats such as video, interactive & projects as well as future learning formats yet to be developed. You will lead internal teams & initiatives to drive process & workflow initiatives that improve the speed & cost at which we deliver timely content to our learners. You will drive superior business results & better learner outcomes as you solve tough analytical problems & partner with business unit leaders to develop & measure a consistent & aligned strategy.
Who you're committed to being:
- Someone who is passionate about SaaS & fast growth tech
- Have examples of leading cross-functional teams while creating & delivering high profile strategic projects
- Have worked in a continually changing environment where you would need to adjust strategies & realign priorities
- Are proficient in developing & monitoring analytical tools (Tableau, R, SQL, Salesforce) & metrics, dashboards & reporting tools to improve productivity & efficiency across a product lifecycle
- A leader who defines & identifies new opportunities for collaboration both internal & external to your immediate team
- Comfortable preparing for & presenting to an executive-level audience
- Someone who is operationally minded & can break down complex processes to tangible & measurable parts. You enjoy driving efficiencies.
- Exercises independent judgment in methods, techniques & evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Acts independently to determine methods & procedures on new or special assignments. Supervises the activities of others both within & potentially outside the immediate team.
- Comfortable presenting to external audiences when appropriate & with moderate guidance from a leader.
What you'll do:
- Work on significant & unique issues where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of the intangibles
- Work closely with content leadership to test hypotheses & build business cases for new content investments. This includes identifying & measuring KPIs & other operational metrics.
- Build a prioritized operational workflow that measures content production from ideation to publication & identify areas for improvement & invention.
- Partner with our Learner organization to understand & leverage how content performance drives learner engagement
- Write SQL queries to extract data & build complex models
- Build/automate reports/dashboards in Tableau
- Clearly & simply communicate insights & recommended strategies to business unit leaders.
- Work to operationalize new strategies within the business units through creating operational workflows & measurements of success.
- Own multiple OKRs, especially those that involve multiple team members within a defined domain.
- Regularly act as the subject matter expert on PMO-led projects, data builds, platform builds.
- Creates formal networks involving coordination among groups & leads collaborative initiatives.
- Leads internal teams & initiatives when called on.
- Act as most senior IC-level escalation point for complex issues.
Experience you'll need:
- BA/BS degree & exposure to Economics, Math, Statistics, Finance, & Computer Science
- Likely have an MBA or equivalent
- 7+ years' experience working in business intelligence, analytics, data engineering, or a similarly quantitative role
- Proficient using SQL to query large data sets
- Some experience using Tableau
- Capable project manager, can juggle a set of diverse projects with a strong track record of delivering against aggressive timelines
- Excellent communicator, attentive listener, & compelling explainer
Working at Pluralsight
Founded in 2004 & trusted by Fortune 500 companies, Pluralsight is the technology skills platform organizations & individuals in 150+ countries count on to create progress for the world.
Our platform helps technologists master their craft & take control of their careers. We empower businesses everywhere to build adaptable teams, speed up release cycles & become scalable, reliable & secure. We come to work everyday knowing we're helping our customers build the skills that power innovation.
And we don't let fear, egos or drama distract us from our mission. Our mission to democratize technology skills is what drives us & our values are at the helm of how we work together. It's our commitment to practicing them day in, day out that enables our performance. We're adults, & we treat each other that way. We have the autonomy to do our jobs, transparency to eliminate office politics & trust each other to do the right thing. We thrive in an environment with creativity around every corner, challenges that keep us on our toes, & peers who inspire us to be the best we can be. We bring different viewpoints, backgrounds & experiences, & united by our mission, we are one.
Bring yourself. Pluralsight is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.