BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth & joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
About the role:
Buzzfeed is currently looking to add an experienced Sr. Payroll Specialist to join our People team. This person will be responsible for managing domestic & international payroll systems & processes, managing relationships with customers, assisting in special projects & more. The Sr. Payroll Specialist will have an instrumental role in ensuring accuracy with current payroll processes, seeking opportunities to upgrade internal controls & processes, with a focus on accuracy & quality of employee service.
This position is based in our NYC Headquarters.
- Prepare & process multi-state US payroll for 1100 employees both exempt & non-exempt
- Track all changes, special payments, & deductions to ensure accuracy & proper processing across all channels
- Ensure internal & external policies & laws are continuously met while processing
- Administer timekeeping system for all hourly employees, ensuring proper setup & appropriate approval processes. Follows up where necessary to ensure deadlines are met
- Confirm all hours are uploaded properly to the correct system for payroll
- Coordinate efforts between US & International HR teams to allow for proper work flow & maintenance of employee data between payroll & HR
- Provide monthly, quarterly, & year-end payroll information to appropriate parties for processing
- Handle any incoming communications regarding filings, reports, surveys, audits, etc.
- Administer both the USA & International payroll inboxes to resolve discrepancies & handle any & all payroll inquiries in a timely manner.
- Prepare & reconcile all general ledger entries. Partner with Finance to investigate differences
- At least 4-6 years of payroll administration experience required.
- Strong HRIS/HCM skills using & understanding the flow of transactions in an integrated & automated payroll accounting system. Workday & ADP experience required.
- Familiarity with global payroll in the UK, Canada, Australia, Mexico & Brazil a plus.
- Excellent skills using MS Office, Google products (Google Mail, Google Sheets) & shared drives.
- Outstanding communications skills & the ability to interact across all levels & functions.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality & exercise extreme discretion.
- Excellent problem solving/judgment skills, & high level of attention to detail & accuracy
- Strong organizational skills, & the ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to work independently & to prioritize multiple tasks & meet all deadlines.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive & equitable compensation package, including salary & stock options
- A generous & well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more
- Plenty of snacks (healthy & indulgent), catered lunches, beverages, etc..
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.