Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africas most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, & Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
About the Role:
Andela is seeking a Staff Accountant II to perform accounting responsibilities in our NYC HQ,and to coordinate with counterparts in our Lagos, Nairobi, Kampala & Kigali offices. This positionwill be joining a fun & high-speed accounting team to support Andelas growing global accounting organization & will be a key team member with day-to-day US accounting operations; as well as, partner with team members across Africa on special projects to support accelerated growth.
Key Responsibilities of the Role
- Perform US month-end close activities, including preparation of standard & intercompany journal entries & reconciliations for various balance sheet & income statement accounts
- Track weekly Order-to-Cash (OTC) key performance indicators & work with Global OTC team to process customer cash receipts, including escalations of past due receivables & disputes
- Own US fixed asset management via NetSuite, including monthly, quarterly & annual reconciliations; as well as, perform periodic asset verification
- Own processing & recording of US accounts payable transactions via Coupa e-Procurement & ensure that all invoices are accurately paid & in accordance with Finance policies & procedures
- Own US expense report function via Expensify, including reviewing & approving expense reports in accordance with company policy.
- Assist the Accounting Manager with the companys annual external audit, including internal risk assessments, preparing estimates & audit schedules, process walkthroughs, reconciliations, rollforward schedules, waterfalls; as well as, working with external auditors with questions & audit support
- Assist the Global Controller & the US Accounting Manager with special projects that involve working with the Africa Accounting team; such as system implementations, creating or enhancing global accounting procedures, utilizing new NetSuite features, etc
- Assist with US treasury operations
- Demonstrated ability to improve processes & procedures
- BA/BS degree in Accounting or Finance
- 2-3 years of general accounting and/or audit experience from a top tier accounting firm
- An excellent team player with a strong sense of integrity, ownership & dedication
- Proactive with a strong work ethic including excellent interpersonal & soft skills
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritize & multitask
- Strong problem solving, analytical, & communication (both verbal & written) skills
- Flexible with ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to act & operate independently with minimal daily direction from manager to accomplish objectives
- Experience with NetSuite, Salesforce, Coupa & Expensify, a plus
EPIC Values Alignment
Demonstrable commitment to the learning & development of people & technology
The ability to learn new things fast enough to amaze your friends & family
If the above sounds like an exciting role to you, please tell us why you believe youre a good fit & well be in touch.
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, And a chance to change the world!
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status