BuzzFeed Video is looking for a Jr. Video Producer to join our video organization & specifically, our Cocoa Butter team, in Los Angeles, CA. The Jr. Video Producer will work to support Cocoa Butter across digital video platforms including YouTube, Facebook & Instagram.
Launched in 2015 under the BuzzFeed umbrella, Cocoa Butter aims to create original content that amplifies Black voices & the Black experience. It does this by addressing issues that are affecting the Black community, paying homage to Black icons & newsmakers, & sharing Black stories & experiences about everything in between. No matter the hue or shade, Cocoa Butter is the content destination. Cocoa Butter currently functions as its own brand, producing original content that is amplifying the voices of underrepresented audiences, & has found viral success in community-driven content that bonds audiences over shared experiences, touches on the issues that matter, & provides a fresh lens on Black culture. With an authentic & relatable approach to storytelling, Cocoa Butter has created a safe space for its audience to celebrate identity.
The chosen candidate will work closely with a Supervising Producer & team to execute videos & pitches. They will thrive in an autonomous work environment, be obsessed with the internet & all that is trending on it, & be able to juggle multiple priority projects at once.
Were looking for a Digital native producer who understands producing, directing & editing for the internet. BuzzFeed is a fast-paced, ever-changing work environment that requires a flexible, creative & collaborative work ethic.
- The person in this role will produce creative, low-cost videos that are in line with - & even potentially elevate - the Cocoa Butter mission
- Ideate, pitch & execute viral formats, including assigned & original videos
- Keep up-to-date on conversations, talent & topics that are trending on the internet & create quick turnaround video ideas off of them
- Implement feedback from Supervising Producers & team members in a timely manner
- Deliver notes on videos via Frame.io in a timely manner
- Quickly iterate off of successful/trending content
- Use viewer & platform data to continuously improve & refine video ideas & execution
- Work with the Publishing Team to grow the Cocoa Butter channel
- At least 2 years experience creating digital video content in a deadline-driven environment
- Proficient in Adobe Premiere Pro & the entire CC suite
- Must be comfortable with most video codecs & formats
- Ability to manage multiple projects throughout various stages of production
- Extremely knowledgeable about at least one social platform such as YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat (preferably YouTube, but not required)
- Passionate about the internet & creating digital video content
- Must have great communication skills & be able to give & receive critical feedback in a small team environment
- Must be meticulous, technical, organized, & creative at the same time
- Ability to work independently & under close direction
- Must have experience behind a camera & knowledge of lighting & sound
- Experience in front of a camera appreciated, but not required
- No formal cover letters, please. Instead, include a few short paragraphs in your application explaining why you'd be a good fit for this particular position. Wed also like you to share 2-3 videos that performed well on YouTube within the last year, & explain why you think they were successful.
- Attach a resume.
- Share 3-5 samples of work youve produced.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive & equitable compensation package, including salary & stock options
- A generous & well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more
- Plenty of snacks (healthy & indulgent), catered lunches, beverages, etc..
BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth & joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.