Hi, we're Oscar. We're hiring a Data Analyst to join our Growth Strategy team.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
About the role:
At Oscar, we are working hard to provide the kind of health insurance we would want for ourselves. Our team uses a data-driven approach to understand market dynamics & understand how to position Oscar for success as it launches new markets.
As a Data Analyst on the IFP Growth Strategy Team, you will work closely with members of Oscar's sales, strategic partnerships, business, finance, legal, plan design, marketing, & network teams to analyze & optimize growth & retention strategies across the individual & family plans (IFP) line of business for Oscar.
You will report into the Manager, IFP Growth Strategy.
- Work with Growth Strategy to devise KPIs & metrics for strategic projects & build tracking processes for reporting out on actual vs. targets
- Audit, collect feedback, & revise key reporting dashboards used by the Growth Teams
- Stand up new reporting dashboards for ad-hoc campaigns and/or projects
- Work closely with Growth Teams to understand what data sources (new & existing) are most useful in accelerating sales & managing distribution
- Support Data Team with ad-hoc data pulls & analysis
- 1+ year of relevant experience in reporting or analytics
- Proficient in Microsoft excel (can perform complex functions)
- SQL knowledge, experience with BigQuery & Periscope are required
- Healthcare experience & an understanding of provider/payer markets.
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant's disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.
COVID-19 vaccine requirements for in-person work:
To protect the health & safety of our employees, we require any employee conducting in-person work* to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date.
If you are unable to be vaccinated due to medical or protected religious reasons, please reach out to our Benefits team at email@example.com to submit an accommodations request.
*Note: In-person work includes: employees required to work from our offices (either full-time or part-time), employees conducting sales work in the field & employees conducting at-home or in-person visits with members.