BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in history, & our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Deliver a simple, evergreen data platform that enables everyone to turn data into intelligence & advantage. The secret sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next one.
The world is experiencing a revolution driven by next-generation technology like AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing, & self-driving carsall of which require unprecedented amounts of data. This sets the stage for Pures technology to grow exponentially in the coming years.
Weve only scratched the surface of our ambitions, & as we continue to gobble up market share, were blazing trails & setting records:
- For five straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays & in 2019, Gartner named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Primary Storage.
- Our customer-first culture & unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a 2019 Medallia Net Promoter Score, certified by Owen CX, in the top 1% of B2B companies.
- Pure puts a premium on the future, investing 26% of revenue into R&D.
If you, like us, say bring it on to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
We are looking for an exceptional Sr Finance Director to join our Sales Finance team to partner with the Americas theater Sales leader & his team. Reporting to the VP of GTM Finance, this person will develop financial metrics & help drive operational processes that scale for Pures growth in the Americas region.
This is a highly visible position & will require you to have demonstrated a consistent record in business partnership & business analytics & the ability to tell a story through data. The role also requires a high level of cross-group collaboration, analytical skills, experience in influencing others & executive maturity skills. You will have the unique opportunity to lead & influence a core part of Pure's strategy.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Grow the Business
- Drive & influence deal structuring activities in partnership with sales teams, expanding sales finance participation in large or complex deal reviews & providing leadership to sponsor & assist deals
- Understand the story behind the numbers & translate this into forward-looking narratives & forecasts which align with underlying business & market insights
- Identify & utilize the right data to help sales leaders see around corners & continue to grow the business with minimal disruption
- Provide economic & financial analysis to support pricing strategies & investment decisions
- Be responsible for understanding, forecasting & optimizing the core drivers of revenue in the various segments & territories
- Drive Finance & Business Excellence
- Establish & improve metrics & reporting with focus on data consistency & most impactful & actionable insights
- Drive financial empowerment & accountability at multiple levels of management in the Americas region, & across all actionable investment areas
- Challenge existing norms or courses of action, facilitating fully informed decision-making. Help institute balanced decision-making, driving the business to identify both risks & opportunities
- Drive financial planning, forecasting, & reporting activities, including Expense-to-Bookings (E:B) reporting processes
- Provide analytical support to Sales leadership & drive ad-hoc cross-functional projects
- Cross team-collaboration
- Deliver Results through Teamwork: Work effectively across teams including field management, Sales Operations, Revenue Accounting, Order Management, Tax, Legal, & HR. Align people & resources, establishing high standards of performance & creating a climate of mutual accountability that delivers expected business results
WHAT YOULL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE...
- The position requires an individual who understands how to get things done through influence & collaboration. The ability to work across organizational boundaries to build alignment & drive closure on issues & results is very important.
- Highly motivated, self-starter with the ability to work independently in a fast pace & ambiguous environment, simultaneously manage multiple priorities & drive continuous process improvements.
- Excellent business acumen, strategic thinking, & analytical skills.
- Exceptional written & verbal communication skills; skilled in translating ideas into clear, high impact communications. Must be collaborative & willing to work in an open office, team environment.
- Finance, Accounting, Economics BS degree or equivalent. MBA preferred & a plus.
- 10+ Years experience in high tech environments/ industry.
- Prior experience of working with ERP systems including NetSuite, Anaplan or similar financial planning tools. Ability to create reports & dashboards is a plus.
BE YOUCORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, & make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice & can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts & celebrate individuality, & with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, & expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal & professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local & global communities through volunteering & grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full & best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, & company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws & regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.