Founded in 2013, GIPHY is the first & largest GIF search engine where thousands of artists, brands, & pop culture moments make todays expression, entertainment, & info a little more moving. GIPHY allows users to not only search for their favorite GIFs but post, embed, share, create their own, & more.
GIPHY is integrated into thousands of platforms, including iMessage, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, Tinder, Slack & WhatsApp. We serve more than 10 billion pieces of content (GIFs, Stickers, etc.) per day, to a daily user reach of 700+ million.
Were a creative & passionate group of GIF-obsessed individuals continuing to build out what we believe is the future of communication. We have big goals & are looking for talented people to join us.
Were seeking a Product Manager to help define, guide, & execute GIPHYs API vision & strategy. In addition, you will build the tools necessary to manage that API network both internally & externally. GIPHYs API is one of the most prominent products in the suite as it powers all of GIPHYs owned & operated apps as well as all of our integrations. Hundreds of millions of people use GIPHY every day.
What Youll Do:
- Define the product vision, competitive strategy, & roadmap for the API & Internal tooling products based on business objectives, partner requests & maximizing value to our users
- Collaborate closely with engineers & designers to define & deliver products
- Work cross-organizationally with Business Development teams to gather requirements, negotiate priorities, & deliver product solutions
- Work directly with internal & external product & engineering teams to ensure were delivering the best search experiences across the platform
- Own cross-team & company-wide communication & education around the API & internal teams & product
- Evangelize API vision & product both internally & externally
What were looking for:
- Proven ability to product, program, or project manage a highly technical product.
- Passionate & knowledgeable about partnering with engineers to build experiences that benefit internal & external users, a plus if that competency is software tooling & APIs
- Experience leading product teams & managing products through the entire development lifecycle
- Comfortable & excited working with external partners to help provide a great experience for them, & help drive APIs roadmap to the next level
- Strong leader with the ability to build good relationships & trust with the product team, partners, & stakeholders
- Product & project management skills: extremely organized, good problem solver, strong communicator, positive attitude
- Understanding of Agile project management methodologies & processes & being an advocate for continuous improvement
- Excellent oral & written communication skills, interacting with both engineering & business teams with the ability to lead via influence, patience, & determination
This is a contract position with a max of 40 hours per week.
At GIPHY we believe that being a diverse, equitable, & inclusive workplace makes us a more balanced & competitive company. GIPHY is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, & experiences. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, caste, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, level of education, age, citizenship, marital or family status (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), ability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities; to request an accommodation please let us know in your application.