Kargo is the leader in mobile brand advertising. Each day, the code we write makes instant decisions on how to handle a billion requests across the globe. Setting up architecture at this scale is complex & requires the collaboration of all of our engineering teams working in unison while educating each other to help us all grow. Whether your interests lie in large-scale systems, machine learning, data warehousing, backend technologies, or client-side innovations, Kargo provides an opportunity to expand your knowledge through exciting projects that reach millions of users every day.
Bringing together creativity, technology & quality, Kargo empowers advertisers to break convention & build connections with consumers on the most important screen today the phone. Kargo & Kargo leadership are regularly recognized for the companys growth & achievements, including: Adweek Mobile Innovator (2017), Business Insiders Hottest Pre-IPO Ad-Tech Startups list (2015 & 2016), the Crains New York Business Fast 50 list (2015 & 2016), the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 award (2016), the EY Entrepreneur of the Year NY award (2016), Great Place to Work (2017), Top 25 Workplaces in NYC (2017), & the 5000 list (2015, 2016 & 2017). Kargo employs 170 people in New York, Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Auckland & Sydney.
For more information, visit Kargo at www.kargo.com or follow Kargo on Instagram (@kargomobile), Twitter (@kargo) & LinkedIn (Kargo).
As a Software Engineer Intern at Kargo, you will be part of a team of full-stack engineers to develop the technology that powers Kargos programmatic capability to achieve: 1) Maximize revenue for publishers, & 2) Enhance brand value for marketers. You will gain first-hand experience working with Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC), utilizing the Agile methodology (Scrum). You will have the opportunity to engage in a wide range of areas including development, design, testing, big data, frontend, & backend using industrys leading edge technologies like Golang, Kubernetes, Docker, AWS, TypeScript, & more. You will collaborate cross functionally with Product, Project, Tech Ops, & the Data teams to formulate & develop solutions, which ultimately will provide valuable experiences that will set you apart in your engineering career.
What Youll Do:
- Design & develop production grade code that adhere to Kargos code standard.
- Support QA engineer in testing & improving code coverage for various repositories.
- Compose documentation to improve knowledge sharing & onboarding process.
- Provide assistance to Tech Ops in diagnosing & debugging production issues.
What Youll Learn:
- Micro-service architecture
- REST architecture
- Distributed Systems
- Big Data
- Troubleshooting & critical thinking
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor's or Master's degree program in Computer Science or related technical field.
- Proactive & has a passion for problem solving with the audacity to take on unknown challenges.
- Available to work in New York City up to 40 hours a week from June 15, 2020 - August 21, 2020.
- Within 1 year of graduation.
- Past experience working in a tech startup.
- Solid understanding of algorithms & data structures.
- Experience with RDBMS & comfortable writing SQL queries.
- Experience working with a modern frontend framework like: Angular, React, or Vue.