Compass is building the first modern end-to-end real estate platform by integrating agents, buyers & sellers through technology. Before Compass, no one has achieved the blend of the Natural Intelligence that hundreds of thousands of enterprising real estate agents bring to this market, with the Artificial Intelligence that cloud, mobile & AI technologies enable.
As one of the fastest growing technology companies of our generation, in an industry larger than any other, we have an opportunity & obligation to build a world-class engineering team & the operating platform that will transform the real estate industry. In 2019 we tripled the size of our Product & Engineering team, & are searching for creative & inspiring colleagues at all levels of the engineering organization to join us as we continue to expand in 2020.
We're looking for an experienced, results-driven Product Marketing expert to lead our Growth Product Marketing team & work closely with Product, Engineering & Operations to drive adoption of our real estate productivity platform. You will be managing a team of Product Marketers across a number of product areas & will play a key role in driving the successful growth & adoption of the Compass platform.
You will work to create effective channel strategies, oversee creative asset development & training programs, empower regional teams to drive on-the-ground adoption tactics, & develop detailed reporting mechanisms to test & improve campaigns -- all with the focused goal of improving adoption & engagement of the Compass platform.
The successful candidate must have strong experience in product marketing strategy, a demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams across the company & the experience leveraging data across the organization to maximize our marketing effectiveness.
The Product Management team will be a key partner & your team will partner closely with the Business Product Marketing Managers assigned to major product areas. You will be the expert on our products' value to customers & who is using it where & why across all of our markets and help make sure what we build is a great solution for our agent community. Ideally, the candidate has experience managing people, empathy for consumers, a deep understanding on the business implications of product decisions & deep experience leading go-to-market strategies, preferably in real estate, tech, or business-to-business industries. This leader must thrive as a part of cross-functional teams, exhibit excellent analytical & communication skills, & have a strong bias for action.
If you are passionate about solving business problems, love using data to solve marketing challenges & thrive in a fast-paced environment, we'd be excited to meet you. This is a full-time position that will report into the Director of Growth Product Marketing.
At Compass You Will:
- Lead outbound product marketing efforts & develop product GTM strategies in partnership with PMs, Business PMMs, & Operational leaders.
- Build & manage a team of PMMs focused on adoption efforts.
- Drive all adoption initiatives across multiple product lines & track metrics that speak to the effectiveness of the tactics.
- Define the success criteria & measure the impact of all Product Marketing efforts against stated corporate goals
- Exhibit excellent analytical skills & develop a point of view on customer segmentation to create more impactful messaging strategies for a variety of customer types.
- Drive personalized campaigns that leverage data driven factors (market fluctuations & seasonality) to assure that we are speaking to our customers when & where they want & in the voice that resonates with them.
- Leverage marketing technology to scale the operational efficiency of the team, giving us the ability to serve our growing customer base without growing the team linearly.
- Demonstrate thought-leadership & an understanding of the broader Compass ecosystem to develop product positioning that informs how we communicate.
- Partner with Business Product Marketing & Product Managers to optimize in-product channel strategies to increase reach & engagement.
- Oversee the creation of sales-enablement materials that can be leveraged by our Regional operations team members to be ambassadors for the platform.
- Evaluate & optimize the current PMM programs & processes in order to gain efficiencies & drive increased impact.
- Become an expert in the real estate agents business & the challenges they face so you can speak to them in the language that connects to their needs.
- Partner with Senior Product Managers to understand customer blockers across markets to unlock growth opportunities.
- Partner with Operations leaders to identify opportunities where product adoption prioritization can provide efficiency & bandwidth for our Regional teams.
- Oversee research to determine product messaging including qualitative & competitive analysis.
- Balance effective communication strategy with the goal of not overwhelming our customers with too many messages
- Plan & oversee the project management of numerous timelines across multiple programs simultaneously
What We Look For:
- 7+ years experience in a similar role, preferably at a B2B or B2B2C Saas company
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience. Advanced degree in a quantitative field or an MBA preferred
- A proven leader & with a track record of exceptional people manager
- Enthusiastic self-starter with a willingness to operate at both highly strategic levels - to define customer problems / marketing / positioning of our products - & also at very tactical levels, such as launching a product to our internal teams or to customers in close collaboration with multiple business functions.
- Extremely high-level of planning, project management, & creating go-to-market plans that translate into measurable adoption results.
- Outstanding communication skills - written & verbal - with the ability to tailor messaging strategy for different audiences.
- Outstanding organizational, project management, people & communication skills, including strong writing abilities & proven experience communicating key value messages to a variety of audiences both internal & external to Compass.
- Ability to prioritize, problem solve, multitask, & work independently in a dynamic, rapidly changing workplace with a bias towards action.
- Extensive experience with direct marketing & marketing automation including A/B testing, customer segmentation & analytics as well as strong proficiency with technology tools that support such marketing efforts
- Strong proficiency in sourcing & analyzing the data needed to make effective marketing campaign decisions as well as a high comfort level in operating with & making decisions with partial information
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyones place.