Compass is building the first modern end-to-end real estate platform by integrating agents, buyers, & sellers through technology. Before Compass, no one has achieved the blend of the Natural Intelligence that hundreds of thousands of enterprising real estate agents bring to this market, with the Artificial Intelligence that cloud, mobile, & AI technologies enable.
As one of the fastest growing technology companies of our generation, in an industry larger than any other, we have an opportunity & obligation to build a world-class engineering team & the operating platform that will transform the real estate industry. In 2019 we tripled the size of our Product & Engineering team, & are searching for creative & inspiring colleagues at all levels of the engineering organization to join us as we continue to expand in 2020.
About the Role
As an Engineering Manager for Mobile, you will lead one or more engineering teams to build the cutting edge native mobile application that empowers people to make smarter real estate decisions. You will be building products that have not been built before that solves real-world problems to augment the real estate industry & its complex transactions. You will work closely with our product team to bring our technology vision to life for both agents & consumers.
You will use your strong technical skills to mentor team members & drive engineering excellence. You will take pride in the agility & workmanship of your team. You will have a built, cultivate & influence a strong sense of customer empathy & customer backward thinking around your sphere of influence. You believe in continuously improving operational processes & procedures.
At Compass You Will:
- Be a subject matter expert in mobile technology, iOS ecosystem, & product domains
- Hire, lead & retain a diverse team of engineers to deliver high-quality features
- Lead the effort in developing & launching multiple new products, & maintaining & improving existing products
- Sustain the #qualityfirst mindset & keep a stringent eye on app performance & overall experience on the products you own.
- Manage your business goals, contribute to product strategy, & help develop your team.
- Create clear career paths for team members & help them grow with regular & deep mentoring. Perform regular performance evaluations & share & seek feedback.
- Contribute to building top quality engineering teams & technology practices
What We Look For:
- BS in Computer Science, MS preferred
- 5+ years of software engineering experience.
- 2+ years of engineering management experience
- Experience building native iOS mobile apps using Swift and/or Objective C
- Experience with iOS frameworks like UIKit, Foundation, & app architecture. We have scalable modular architecture & use MVVM.
- Experience with CocaPods, Bitrise or similar tools for CICD workflows
- Strong understanding Apple HCI design principles & interface guidelines
- Bonus: Familiarity with backend development. Microservices, AWS, Go.
- Great mobile product sense. You are passionate about the mobile platform & are constantly thinking of new ideas & improvements to improve the mobile experience & influence our product roadmap.
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyones place. Our entrepreneurship principles bind us together & inform how we tackle the tremendous challenges ahead.
Check out our Engineering blog!