Do you ever wonder what happens inside the cloud?
Headquartered in New York but based around the world, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging & interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by most.
We want people who are passionate about creating products that you & your peers would love.
We are looking for enthusiastic software engineers that can make a significant contribution to the development of next generation Network Products with high availability. The software you write will drive & enable functionality Firewalls, API endpoints, & Certificates used by our customers. Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Software Engineer will participate in the design, development & deployment of new services & products.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Participate in design, implementation, tests & optimization of new services that run at scale & solve challenging distributed coordination problems.
- Work with other teams within the vertical & across the company to build the next generation of products & services for our developers community.
- Support existing products & contribute creative solutions to the pain points.
- Help improve our toolings & process to ship robust & mission-critical parts of the ecosystem.
- Use technologies & tools such as: Go, SQL, Consul, Kafka, Chef, Git, Jira, Prometheus, Lightstep, Docker, Kubernetes & what not?
What We'll Expect From You:
- Experience as a software engineer, developer, or programmer in building software used by external users
- Experience with a typed or OOP language (like C, C++, Java, Go) & unit tests
- Experience developing full-stack applications with databases & API
- Understanding of large scale distributed systems programming
- Understanding of Continuous Integration & Delivery (CI/CD)
- Knowledge of application networking fundamentals
- You understand & seek to automate the steps necessary to deliver high-quality, well-tested, & production-ready software from initial development to ongoing, scalable, production operation.
- Bonus: Exposure to containerization & virtualization
- Bonus: You have used gRPC to build robust distributed & high-demand systems
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, & other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We care about your physical, financial & mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, & vision benefits for employees & their dependents, a monthly gym stipend to support your physical health, & a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation & a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC & Cambridge, were very distributedwe use a number of communication tools to connect across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices & meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For all CO residents, please click here
Department: Engineering #LI-Remote
Want to learn more about our Engineering team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!