Kabbage is setting a new standard in big data & FinTech & we are looking for a Senior Corporate Development Analystto join us as we continue our amazing growth trajectory.
Kabbage is a leading FinTech company changing the way small businesses solve cash-flow challenges. Fully automated & deeply connected with its 185,000+ customers, Kabbage provides access to funding in minutes, extends more than $10 million every day to small businesses, & powers borrowing experiences for some of the largest companies in the world. While we've received numerous awards & recognitionsuch as Entrepreneur's Top Company Cultures, Inc Magazine's Top Private Companies, Glassdoors Best Places to Work, & Forbes FinTech 50it is our people, our culture, & our leaders that make Kabbage such a great place to work.
At Kabbage, we strive to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, to stay, & do their best work. Our commitment to diversity & inclusion is reflected in our people, our partners, & our customers. We are fully focused on equality & believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin & all the other wonderful characteristics that make us different.
Shape Kabbage's M&A activity by sourcing opportunities, evaluating & prioritizing candidates, performing due diligence, & closing & integrating acquisitions.
What you'll be doing:
- Gathering ideas & identify candidates for acquisition based on Kabbages strategic plan & guiding principles.
- Conducting initial diligence to determine alignment with Kabbage values & guiding principles, creating an understanding of their current business model & product offerings, & identifying primary areas of concern. Modeling value creation.
- Conducting detailed due diligence.
- Planning integration, negotiating the acquisition, & executing the integration.
What we're looking for in you:
- Structured thinking:Ability to hone in on the key issues of a problem/project & cleanly structure a path to a solution.
- Curiosity: Desire to understand not just what to do but why we are doing it; natural inquisitiveness & willingness to challenge the status quo. Demonstrates ability to quickly & proficiently understand & absorb new information.
- Persistence: Follows through on items without being managed. Resourceful, has grit, possesses "can do" attitude.
- Empathy: Recognizes & respects the priorities of different individuals/teams so that when trade-offs are necessary, they are well informed & well-communicated.
- Flexibility/adaptability: Cool with rapidly changing priorities & projects.
- Calm under pressure: Ability to navigate & lead the team through high-priority last minute requests & other high stress situations; works well under high-pressure timelines.
- Communication: Ability to communicate clearly across multiple channels of communication (verbal, email, PowerPoint).
- Assertiveness: Moves quickly & takes a forceful stand without being overly abrasive.
- Organization & planning: Ability to effectively prioritize & sequence efforts both for him/herself as well as for a project.
What you should have:
- 5+ years of corporate development and/or investment banking experience.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills.
- Excellent Excel skills (VLOOKUPs, pivot tables, etc.).
- You can write a clear & concise PowerPoint slide.
- You can operate autonomously in a fast-paced, loosely structured environment.
- You ask why. You explore. You're not afraid to share & socialize your crazy idea.
- You have a bias toward action; you try things, & sometimes you fail. You ask forgiveness, not permission.
- Curve balls don't scare you; you can quickly adapt to changing priorities.
- You can find direction in ambiguity, homing in on the most important things that need to get done.
- Willingness to travel.
- Experience with Pitchbook, CapIQ, Factset, DealLogic, and/or Bloomberg
- Fintech industry knowledge.
- Familiarity with SQL.
- Ability to write VBA macros.
The Kabbage Advantage
At Kabbage, our people are awesome, so we built the Kabbage Advantageour way of being awesome right back. We offer competitive benefits including unlimited PTO, equity in the company, & exceptional health coverage options. Our team members enjoy a dynamic work environment with daily catered lunches, fully stocked kitchens, & onsite fitness classes.
While our perks & benefits are generous, the people are actually what make Kabbage great. Kabbagers are curious, creative, & resilient. We are enthusiastic, productive, & problem solvers. And we dont do it alone. At Kabbage, you will find low-ego individuals who work hard to communicate effectively & work collaboratively.
Kabbage is an equal opportunity employer. At Kabbage we make all employment decisions, which include hiring, promoting, transferring, demoting, evaluating, compensating & separating, without regard to sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, religion, age, national origin, pregnancy, citizenship, disability, service in the uniform services, or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law.