About this Role
At Fandom, a Gaming Content Producer contributes in creating content about video games in both written & video formats. You will work with the Content team & the branded team to create plans in advance of upcoming tentpole games, console releases, & other special events related to gaming.
Reporting to our Head writer, you will manage the creation of editorial & video pieces from ideation through execution, writing pieces & assigning to outside contractors or staff, tracking to delivery, & ensuring all work is completed with a high bar for quality. You will work with the larger video & editorial team to share resources & help plan out agendas with long lead times to best prepare ahead for what's in the works.
- Brainstorm ongoing coverage of video games, coming up with potential features (written & video) for upcoming releases
- Come up with recurring formats & features for both video & print gaming coverage that can be used repeatedly for different franchises & games
- Write stories or copy for video for Fandom video game coverage
- Work closely with the Branded Content team on applicable content, ensuring adherence to guidelines & deadlines
- Build a group of writers, video editors, & other talent & assign stories, scripts, & video production to them as needed.
- A deep passion for video games
- 5+ years of editorial or digital production experience
- Strong writing skills, with a demonstrated talent for humor & irreverence
- Expertise in a wide variety of video games
- An eagle-eye for accuracy & detail
- Experience communicating effectively with writers, producers, talent, crew, & anyone else involved in productions
- A command of editorial & production terminology & procedures
- Ability to hit deadlines on time & on budget
- Digital video production skills including knowledge of physical & post-production workflow, ability to direct & execute video content
- Experience working with writers, video editors & talent
- Contacts across gaming space that are experts across various consoles & genres that can become regular contributors
- Notable knowledge about video games across platforms
Bonus Points if You Have...
- Knowledge of film & television as well
- On-camera ability & experience
Benefits & Perks
- Stock options
- Health, Vision, Dental, & Life Insurance
- 401k Plan (+matching)
- Flexible time off - flexible & generous
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Family Assistance Programs
- Employee Assistance Programs & Support
- Wellness Programs
- Loan-Assistance, money-management, pet insurance, & other discounts
- Phone, Gym, & commuter programs
- An international work environment with a startup culture
- Open, energetic & fan-focused, international work environment
- Miscellaneous perks such as, swag, etc.
Fandom is a global entertainment media brand powered by fan passion. Fandom has a global audience of almost 300 million monthly unique users & encompasses over 400,000 fan communities. We currently feature more than 55 million pages of content, inclusive of video. Our Fandom values are:
- We serve a global community.
Connection with our fans, creators, & partners is at our core, & its grounded by our active efforts of inclusion.
- We build experiences.
We imagine, improve, & deliver solutions.
- We bring joy.
We celebrate our fandoms, our teammates, & the work we do.
Learn More about Fandom
Fandom is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Fandom, one of our core values is We Serve a Global Community. Connection with our fans, creators, & partners is at our core, & it's grounded by our active efforts of inclusion. As such, we're proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, & we do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, mental or physical disability, political affiliation, status as a victim of domestic violence, assault or stalking, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
We invite you to complete the optional section below. This information will help Fandom with our reporting requirements & help us learn more about how we can increase diversity in our candidate pool. Completion of this section is entirely voluntary & has no impact on your opportunity for employment.