BuzzFeed is seeking a Shop Assistant to work part time on our Hollywood campus coordinating construction & workshop order fulfillment. Reporting to the Operations Supervisor, you'll support operations techs & art dept personnel in workshop assignments as well as complete maintenance tasks on workshop equipment & production design elements. Youll also provide fulfillment support for props & flats & will be cross- trained with stage & asset technicians to cover all venue needs on our Hollywood lot.
This is a part time role, on-site, 25 hours/week, primarily M-F 9a-6p with occasional off hours per production need, for 13 weeks, with the potential to extend.
- Assist the Art Director with the execution of designs, builds & workshop tasks
- Understand & exhibit proper tool & equipment use for any users of workshop space
- Coordinate material pickups & supply chain integrity
- Manage inventory of tools, expendables, raw materials, paint, etc - circulation, usage, replenishing, & disposal / life-cycle
- Manage flat & scenic inventory - rental, alteration approvals, usage, disposal, life-cycle, etc. in coordination with Properties Manager
- Assemble orders for check-out & prep them for pickup/delivery
- Receive returns & restock shelves for inventory reconciliation
- Provide cross-functional support to other stage/venue teams
- Input & catalog performance data as assigned by the Ops Supervisor
- Perform daily rounds of the stages on the lot
- Experience in a scene shop or prop rental house a plus
- Mechanical skills in the use of hand & power tools
- Ability to lift & carry materials, 35 lbs unassisted
- Ability to read & understand floor plans, color renderings, & advanced construction blueprints preferred
- Experience on set & willingness to occasionally assist on set
- Adaptability to work in a fast paced production environment with changes in production plans / schedules
- Excellent organizational skills, a team oriented approach, & a sense of humor
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive & equitable compensation package
- Plenty of snacks (healthy & indulgent), catered lunches, beverages, etc..
BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth & joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.