JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world's one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco & backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments & Tao Invest, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world's largest & oldest industries.
We're an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG & biotech, & we're growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We're actively looking to hire the world's best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service & business professionals.
The Senior Territory Sales Manager is responsible formanaging & growing an assigned territory within the Toronto, Ontario South-West Regionby adding new points of distribution, establishing relationships with our Retail Partners & their staff, distribution partners & their sales reps, & others to provide them with valuable insights about the industry / category, our leading innovative products, consumer profiles/trends to consistently exceed their expectations in our knowledge & attentiveness to their overall business needs & the growth of their overall business in the category, as well as leading a small team of Territory Sales Managers. Proficiency with sales technologies, including but not limited to CRM software, communication technologies & software, etc. is necessary for success in this role. We are looking for individuals who thrive in an energetic, creative, innovative & data driven environment. Candidates should have the talent to execute successfully on these challenging business objectives. If you have those qualities & want to succeed in a fast moving & exciting environment, we want to give you an opportunity to maximize your potential & begin an exciting career with JUUL in our new Toronto, Ontario South-West Region.
Were looking for employees who are motivated to take on responsibility, accountability & want an opportunity to really make a difference. Our sales professionals do this by educating retailers, distribution partners & connecting with our adult tobacco consumers in a "1 on 1" manner with the purpose of gaining trial andtransitioning adult smokers from combustion cigarettes to JUUL as well as drive retailer & influencer engagement & advocacy.
* Please note you are applying for a role within the Toronto Region.
- Devise Sales strategies with the goal of increasing points of distribution, shelf space, product positioning, consumer awareness, trial, conversion & ultimately user acquisition.
- Calling on established accounts & prospecting new traditional & nontraditional retailers; i.e Specialty retailers (Vape, Smoke, Tobacconists), C-Stores, Bodegas, etc.
- Plan, organize, & execute sales strategies & territory plans.
- Develop SWOT & territory analysis & execute sales strategies against analysis with data driven decision making.
- Work collaboratively with Trade Marketing to increase awareness & positioning at Retail.
- Work cross-functionally with HQ (San Francisco), Regional Office / Team & other teams nationally.
- Proficient & or adept to using todays sales technologies & software, especially CRM - SalesForce, to identify, analyze & act upon leads, opportunities, sales funnels, customer data.
- Selling & executing local, regional & national Trade Marketing & branding initiatives into existing & prospective accounts.
- Achieving OKRs (KPIs) set for the company, regional team & individual performance.
- Building deep Trusted Advisor relationships with store managers / owners & distribution partners sales teams by providing expertise & knowledge of the industry, retail strategies & sales tactics.
- Engaging in product trainings, demos, consumer awareness, branding & acquisition initiatives.
- Enthusiastically promotingthe marketing message & product mix through direct discussions with retailers using data & analytical proficiency, as well as using influencing skills to promote a beneficial business plan for JUUL & our retail partners.
- Consistently representing yourself & applying JUUL Labs company values in all business interactions It is expected that Territory Sales Managers will become not only a passionate product & industry / category experts, as well as a valuable business consultant / advisor whose analysis, judgment & knowledge of the consumer & industry dynamics makes for a valuable partner to all of our customers; retail partners, distribution partners, etc.
- Possibly attend trade shows & events to market product.
- Possibly attend retailer & distributor product & sales training events.
- Drive retailer engagement & improve retailer satisfaction & advocacy.
- Create buzz & increase consumer demand for product.
- Communicate plans to leadership. Be able to develop compelling presentation decks to gain approval for ideas as well as communicate results.
- Assess both successes & failures with actionable plans for continuous improvement.
- Focus on execution to make things happen & get the job done.
- Day to day management of 5-7 Territory Sales Managers.
- Minimum 4-5 years experience, CPG, Spirits, Tobacco and/or consumer electronics a plus.
- Prior people management experience.
- Good understanding of a test & learn approach
- Willingness to operate out of your comfort zone in a new industry
- Great communicator using technology (Powerpoint, Excel, teleconferences, etc.)
- Able to make data driven decisions
- Capability to discern important factors from noise in a busy role
- Proficiency, & aptitude of basic computer skills, & CRM software (SalesForce).
- Proficiency with & willingness to learn new sales technology & data analytics.
- Positive attitude & emotional IQ in a hyper-growth, fast paced, continually evolving environment.
- The ability to take initiative & be creative, while simultaneously taking direction.
- Willingness to learn & grow personally & professionally.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. Well help you set big goals - & exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed & supportive teammates
- Equity & performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits & discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental & vision benefits
- Location: Montreal Region based on assigned Territory with up to 25% travel outside of assigned territory as possibly needed.
Vapor, JUUL, Work Culture, Fast Paced, Start-up, Growth, Vape, Technology, Software, Hardware, Consumer Electronics, Manufacturing, Design, Product, Disruptive, Revolutionary, Cutting Edge, App, Android, eCommerce, B2C