Here at 1stdibs one of our core values is Say It With Data & we are looking for a Business Analyst to join our Analytics team. In this role you will work cross-functionally & partner with key stakeholders to measure & quantify marketing/product initiatives here at 1stdibs.
Your goal is to lead & manage conversations that steer our audience acquisition/retention & user experience optimization strategy through the identification of significant trends & application of advanced insights. You will provide thought-leadership on how to effectively leverage data to inform decision-making across the organization.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to learn & develop expertise around how a luxury e-commerce marketplace leverages web analytics to drive decisions. You will be a self-starter who can jump in without being asked, see the big picture but pay close attention to detail, & demonstrate strong verbal & written communication skills. You will be diligent in your work & have a passion for process. You will be passionate about using data to drive business decisions & have experience working with various stakeholders & cross-functional teams. To be successful you will have a deep knowledge of SQL, a natural flair for interpreting data & an all around passion for numbers!
We have a startup culture that is constantly evolving so comfort with ambiguity is very important. In exchange, youll be given the opportunity to work with & learn from some of the most passionate, driven & creative people assembled under one roof.
What youll do
- Define, analyze & validate key metrics to inform decision-making & measure product & marketing success from a business & user perspective
- Work with business owners to leverage data to identify growth opportunities & user pain points, evaluate new features & recommend changes
- Communicate & present data & insights clearly, distilling complexity down to its essence
- Design, monitor, analyze & create reporting for A/B experiments
- Perform & regularly monitor cohort & conversion funnel analyses to identify key user behavior trends
- Gather requirements & build data visualizations & interactive dashboards
What you'll bring
- Bachelors in a quantitative field, data science or business analytics; Masters preferred
- 2-4 years of experience in marketing|digital|business analytics
- Strong SQL skills
- Familiarity with web analytics tools, such as Google Analytics
- Familiarity with business intelligence solutions that translate insights into simple & concise visuals (e.g. Chartio, Looker, Tableau, etc.)
- Possess strong verbal, written & visual presentation skills, with an emphasis on storytelling
- Ability to think critically about problems through multiple perspectives & assert demonstrable hypotheses
- Comfort working in a fast-paced, cross-functional environment, delivering flawless execution