THE ROLE: Director of Transportation - Shepherdsville, KY
Were looking for
A Director of Transportation to join our Operations & Transportation Team based in Shepherdsville, Kentucky. Reporting directly to our VP of Transportation & Supply Chain, this is a pivotal career opportunity to have a massive impact with true influence. Youll collaborate, be curious & tenacious, build partnerships, & be a true leader across the organization. Success in this role starts & ends with you, & we look forward to our continuous improvement to exceed our Members expectations!
What Youll Do:
- Own, measure, & manage more than $40M of cost & processes associated with inbound parcel, LTL, & trailer load freight, as well as more than 5 million parcel shipments to & from our Members across the globe from our fulfillment center & 500+ dropship brand partners
- Have direct influence & accountability for relationships with FedEx, DHL, 3rd party freight auditors, TMS software providers, dropship brand partner operations, as well as internal stakeholders across operations, technology, finance, customer service, etc.
- Drive process that yields the lowest cost, constantly innovates, & drives strategy enroute to providing a best-in-class member experience & scale
- Be a thought leader & a senior member of our Kentucky-based leadership team while directly optimizing & transforming our growing transportation network from our suppliers to our Members
At Rue Gilt Groupe, diversity enriches our passion, collaboration, kindness & innovation. Were committed to fostering an inclusive environment where every Associate is empowered to learn, grow & bring their full self to work. Even if you don't check off every qualification in the job description, that's okay. We encourage you to apply to any role that excites you & sparks delight! We can't wait to learn more about you.
- 10+ years of transportation / supply chain logistics experience within an ecommerce, CPG, or consumer products company managing tactical, project, & strategic responsibility as well as complete accountability for relationships with national & regional parcel, LTL, & TL carriers
- Transportation spend management experience of tens of millions of dollars, with heavy parcel emphasis (FedEx, UPS, DHL, etc.)
- Experience forecasting transportations cost based on sales forecasts & fulfillment model(s) as a contributor to an overall operational P&L
- Demonstrated analytic capability to mine, extract, & leverage data from various applications or business uses. Examples include Tableau, TMS, ERP systems, WMS Manhattan, TMS Mercury Gate, NPS, Excel, & customer PLD data
Bonus points for
- Parcel contract negotiation / RFP management
- Knowledge of dropship order / vendor management technology like VendorNet (Radial), CommerceHub, SPS Commerce
- Experience representing your existing firm outside of your company. Examples include RILA, NRF, MODEX, & ProMat
- Customs & Border Protection (CBP) experience related to tariff designation, HTS code assignment, Section 321 Entry Type 86
Rue Gilt Groupe is a leading off-price e-commerce portfolio company, connecting the next-generation shopper to world-class brands. Weve defined the online treasure hunt through our daily sale events allowing a large, loyal member base to discover over 5,000 premium & luxury brands at prices up to 70% off full-price retail.
Rue Gilt Groupe operates three complementary sites Rue La La, Gilt, & Shop Premium Outlets.
Our vision at RGG is to spark delight through daily discovery we make shopping an occasion to celebrate. At the forefront of fashion & technology, were also in the business of sparking delight for our Associates. We inspire each other, our Members, & ourselves to push past the expected every day. Our culture is rooted in our values & together we work to demonstrate being Kind, Passionate, Collaborative, Innovative, Tenacious & Empowered.