As a Strategy Director, you provide strategic leadership & guidance to your team in finding purpose-driven & inspired work through insights. You are the senior-most Insights & Planning (I&P) representative on your team, with the overall quality of strategy work on all projects & accounts on your shouldersbut youve got that covered. Planning complex & challenging projects helps you gain an intimate understanding of the client, their competitors, & key industry trends. And you can easily communicate these findings to multidisciplinary teams, from Creative to Technology.
You live & breathe insights into the clients business, their competitors, & their customers. And youre a subject matter expert in at least two I&P disciplinesincluding business analysis, qualitative consumer research, web analytics, & information architecturebut a well-balanced working knowledge across all disciplines is just as welcome.
- Manage overall quality of I&P work on all projects & accounts in all disciplines.
- Collaborate with the Program Director & the Managing Director to ensure that:
- The business unit has a suitable number of planners & analysts with appropriate skills
- The accounts understand the role of I&P staff & exploit their skills appropriately
- I&P staff are engaged in the right work at the right time
- Provide support on special projects & initiatives within the I&P group.
- Provide guidance & insight into I&P practices disciplines across the agency.
- Ensure core processes & deliverables are effective in delivering strategic guidance.
- Work with our clients to identify business problems & challenges.
- Become an expert on the clients business sector.
- Define & document requirements through business analysis, qualitative consumer research, & web analytics.
- Recommend, plan, coordinate and/or execute pertinent research & analysis activities:
- Sector, industry & competitive analyses
- Competitive benchmarking studies
- Qualitative, consumer research (ie. usability testing, focus groups, field study)
- Requirements gathering sessions & stakeholder interviews
- Synthesize & communicate the results of research to clients & project teams
- Provide insight & perspective on the clients strategic direction.
- Collaborate with the team on overall strategy development.
- Define measurement strategies to support ongoing strategy development & site or program optimization.
- Demonstrate the value of integrating I&P services & activities into all client engagements.
- Provide thought leadership to colleagues & projects in a range of subjects that may include:
- Requirements gathering
- Consumer research & insight
- Site measurement
- Marketing & strategic plann
- 8+ years of related experience in the following areas:
- Account or brand planning
- Business analysis
- Qualitative research
- Quantitative research, web analytics & metric analysis
- Information architecture
- 4 years digital agency/consulting & Internet-related business experiences.
- 3 years experience leading a team in an agency/consulting or Internet-related business.
- Experience in developing proposals & presentations for clients.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate complex subject matter verbally & written.
- Demonstrated experience in the marketing research & sciences areas.
- Teamwork & collaboration-oriented mindset.
- Detail & results oriented working style.
- Flexibility & the ability to multi-task.
- Strong commitment to learning.