Contentsquare is a global SaaS technology company that empowers brands to build better digital experiences for all. We have been recognized by Gartner as one of the four most innovative ecommerce companies in the world, & have featured in Wired Magazine as one of Europe's hottest startups.
Contentsquare has 10 main offices across the world ( New York, London, Paris, Munich, San Francisco, Barcelona, Amsterdam, Tel Aviv, Tokyo, & Singapore) with 750+ clients globally including Fortune 100 companies like HSBC, Sainsbury's, Spotify, Asos & Microsoft. We've been experiencing tremendous growth as our team has grown from ~300 to 1000+ employees globally, & raised a $500M Series E funding in May 2021.
As our growth accelerates further we are looking to hire 1,500 positions globally in the next 3 years. We are looking for talented people like you to join us & help us continue to innovate & improve online experiences for all. We want the most ambitious, unique & enthusiastic people to join us & help us in this mission. Come join the #CSquad family!
In a few words:
The Contentsquare Knowledge Management Team is responsible for making sure that key information is timely spread to our internal stakeholders, easy to find, & well-understood.
We believe that Knowledge Management is essential to keep up with our growing organization.
Knowledge Management plays a key role in guiding Contentsquare's expansion, by providing all necessary tools, workflows & information for our teams to increase our client portfolio, keep a high client retention score, & trust the information they must access every day to work efficiently.
The technical writer role
We are hiring a Technical Writer in the Knowledge Management Team to create reference product documentation for Contentsquare field teams (Customer Success Teams, Technical assistance Teams & Sales Engineers).
The technical writer's tasks will consist in identifying product technical documentation gaps, making sure the internal knowledge base (Confluence) contains up-to-date & useful technical information, & documenting releases to come for employees before they are put into production. The technical writer will work closely with the Product & R&D teams to retrieve information, & make it accessible & actionable for customer-facing teams.
The technical writer focuses on business objectives. It is important to note that the technical documentation audience is exclusively composed of field teams (Customer Success Teams, Technical assistance Teams & Sales Engineers).
The technical writer defines priorities based on two major criteria:
- How close is the release date?
- How important is it for field teams to answer customers & prospects?
Technical internal documentation includes topics such as API management, Tag & Product features implementation, SSO, Data collection architecture & expert knowledge of product usage (SQL, regex, custom variables, metrics calculation…). Public-facing documentation is not included in the scope.
As part of the Knowledge Management team, you may also be invited to participate in efforts made to improve the overall KM strategy in the company.
On a typical day you might:
- Meet with experts (developers, product managers, data engineers…) to retrieve expert information about data-related features
- Document releases to come before they are in production by updating the Confluence Knowledge Base
- Follow releases to come to make sure they are well-documented before the release
- Vulgarize & illustrate technical issues (create schemas, tables…) to make them easily understandable for non-expert teams
- Monitor technical questions asked in the company & deliver the answers via adapted chosen tools (FAQ pages, Slack…)
- Participate in our biggest 2022 project: the creation of the Data Journey Confluence Knowledge Base, aimed at explaining every detail of the data collection workflow for field teams to improve their technical knowledge & work more efficiently
- Raise awareness on existing documentation in the company by helping the KM team define a strong internal communication strategy
- Change your priorities when needed to focus on investigating a topic that is urgent & critical for clients
- Gather feedback from teams to adapt reference documentation to their needs
We'd love to meet you:
- You have excellent communication & writing skills in English
- You can speak the same technical language as product managers & developers
- You master the art of explaining technical terms with simple language
- You have experience in creating technical content
- You have experience in using Confluence or are eager to use Confluence as your content creation software
- You understand & are interested in business objectives, & think technical writing can leverage field-facing teams efficiency
How to stand out from the crowd (not mandatory):
- Experience working with Confluence, Jira, Slack, Google Drive
- Backend coding background appreciated
- Interested in Web Analytics, UX, & digital accessibility
- French is a plus