Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why & Where
Twilio is seeking a Software Engineer (L3). In this role, you will be responsible for the infrastructure code that detects & interprets signals of user behavior across product lines. You will work on a passionate team, tackling new problems as we continue to push our technology forward. You will design, test, deploy & maintain software solutions that solve customers problems at-scale. You will have the opportunity to help shape architectural solutions that enable us to achieve our goal of building & constantly improving scalable services that detect user behavior.
Twilio is looking for a software engineer who lives the Twilio Magic & also has the following competencies:
- Typically, 4 or more years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of experience & education
- 4 or more years working on one or more object oriented language, preferably Golang
- Proficient working with AWS services
- Expert in automating solutions for operational reliability such as monitoring solutions & build pipelines
- Proven ability to work independently towards troubleshooting complex technical issues in the team
- Designed complex large scale services, using the appropriate technologies to meet requirements of service
As a Software Engineer, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WRITE IT DOWN: Write down your solutions where pertinent. These are particularly helpful for organizing thoughts during technical discussions.
- DRAW THE OWL: Be creative about implementations & solutions to complex problems.
- BE AN OWNER: Lead or assist in all aspects of the development lifecycle.
- BE BOLD: Be bold about proposing solutions to complex problems.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Interact extensively across the various development teams.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Ensure the consistent exercise of appropriate judgment & discretion in everyday work.
The team you will work on is central to Twilio's continued growth. We work closely with stakeholders & product teams to design & implement the infrastructure that helps detect behavioral signals from users that can be applied towards the early detection & prevention of abuse.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the worlds developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, & your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed & we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, & innovation & we want you & your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world & we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits & perks to support the physical, financial, & emotional well being of you & your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously & purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work & be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video & email by virtualizing the worlds communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the worlds most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developers toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry from emerging leaders to the worlds largest organizations to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.