We believe Sales Engineers at Okta are involved in all stages of the customers development lifecycle & are experienced using presentations, email, phone & social media to connect with customers. We are looking for great teammates that can build sales presentations, product demonstrations, & educate customers (everyone from developers to product managers to C-level executives) on the best ways to cloud security technology. We believe in Oktas Sales Engineers empathize with customers & quickly discern their true technical needs by asking detailed & clarifying questions & presenting solutions that target those needs. You have the rare combination of technical savviness & business insight & youre looking for a career where you can utilize both. As a Sales Engineer at Okta, you will hone each of these skills by advising a diverse set of customers on what is possible using Oktas Identity Platform.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support the sales team in helping customers understand what they can achieve with Okta
- Understand customer requirements & communicate the business value of solving technology problems using cloud technology
- Execute the delivery of POCs for customers that have more complex use cases, collaborating with other Okta engineering teams as needed
- Craft technical content to show customers how to implement specific use cases or standard methodologies for new technologies
- Prepare demos & proof of concepts to demonstrate various use cases for Oktas Platform
- Distill & communicate customer needs & product feedback to Product Management, Engineering, Marketing & Sales
- 3+ years pre-sales engineering experience
- A passion to serve the customer, which has played out in some customer-facing role like consulting or support, ideally sales engineering
- An ability to quickly communicate complex ideas around a technical topic, ideally on the fly at a whiteboard
- Experience with at least one standard network security protocol (eg. OAuth, OAuth2, SAML, LDAP)
- An understanding of core security concerns within a typical application (password hashing, SSL/TLS, encryption at rest, XSS, XSRF)
- You are an elite communicator
- Confident dispensing knowledge to a highly skilled & experienced audience.
- Typically 10-25% travel
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, MIS or a comparable field is preferred.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer