Were reimagining sports & technology.
DraftKings is bringing sports fans closer to the games they love & becoming an essential part of their experience in the process. An industry pioneer since our founding in 2012, we believe we can continue to define what it means to be a technology company in sports entertainment. We love what we do & we think you will too.
Shape a rapidly growing industry.
DraftKings Communications team is looking for a strategic communications leader to oversee the consumer communications team. As a member of the Corporate Communications Department, this Director will take the lead on managing the narrative of DraftKings as a leading sports entertainment brand.
What youll do as a Director of Communications:
- Manage corporate & consumer team & agency, globally.
- Form strong relationships with business unit heads to ensure the development of integrated PR plans.
- Develop strategic communications plans to support key brand efforts, launches, announcements, & promotions.
- Manage & recommend speaking engagements for C-Level executives.
- Work closely with digital & content teams to ensure all messaging is consistent & on brand.
What skills you will use:
- 10+ years of communications experiencepreferably a mix of agency & in house.
- Strong knowledge of sports, fantasy sports, & sports betting.
- Manage development processstrategy/plan-development, briefing & successful execution.
- Deep media contacts & experience managing relationships with media on a global level.
- Bachelors Degree in Communications or journalismor equivalent work experience in a related field.
Who are we a good fit for?
We love working with talented people but more than that, we seek out compassionate co-workers with a collaborative spirit. Our work moves quickly & were great at coming together to find creative solutions to some of techs most interesting problems. If that sounds good to you, join us.
Were proud to believe that your gender, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability should have nothing to do with our hiring practices. Well never discriminate against anyones background or creed. If youre good at what you do, we want you to do it at DraftKings.