Our wildly successful Mobile team is growing again, & we are looking for an iOS Engineer who will bring their talents & intellect to building out functionality that delivers innovative solutions & experiences for dedicated users across the globe.
Join a robust Mobile Engineering team that continues to innovate as the largest social media app in its category, with over 4M daily active users & 10M active monthly users.
In this role, you will work closely with the VP of Mobile Engineering, QA Engineers & Analysts, Product Managers, & other Engineers in building & maintaining a fast, reliable, app, while proactively looking for improvements to our products codebase.
- Using Objective-C & Swift along with XCode & CocoaPods, you'll be maintaining & evolving the software for current & future needs in order to develop highly innovative, consumer-facing mobile products, while supporting the product roadmap
- Building new features, refactoring code, & tweaking existing features based on our users needs
- Designing, developing, testing, deploying, maintaining, & enhancing elegant mobile solutions
- Working directly with quality engineers to identify test cases & devise efficient, scalable testing processes to allow us to run weekly to monthly releases
- Communicating with the leadership team, product managers, & other engineers on business & technical priorities
- B.S. in Computer Science
- 2 years of object-oriented software development experience
- 2 years building mobile applications in Objective-C (Swift experience a plus!)
- Experience in understanding code bases, including RESTful API design techniques
- Experience with software engineering practices (unit testing, code reviews, design documentation)
Why Work at Grindr?
Since 2009, Grindr has built the worlds largest social network for gay, bi, trans, & queer people. Now more than just an app, were a family of lifestyle brands with the shared mission to connect LGBTQ people with the world around them:
- Grindr The location-based social app that started it all. Over 3 million people use Grindr daily, from every country on the planet.
- INTO A video content platform dedicated to queer perspectives: news, culture, social, commentary, & more.
- Grindr for Equality (G4E) Our social mission to promote justice, health, & safety for LGBTQ individuals around the globe.
- Gaymoji A one-of-a-kind collection of over 500+ stickers available on iOS, Android, & in the Grindr app.
Behind the brands, Grindr is an inclusive & passionate family of thinkers, innovators, leaders, & most importantly, doers. Were fueled by endless curiosity, constant collaboration, & a knack for crossing every finish line all within an agile growth environment. We also enjoy tons of perks, great social events, & stunning views from our HQ in West Hollywood.
Benefits & Perks
- 100% covered medical, dental & vision insurance
- Generous Parental Leave
- Unlimited sick policy
- Competitive Salaries
- Catered daily lunch
- Stocked kitchen
- Free on-site parking
- Casual dress environment
Grindr is an equal opportunity employer
*Recruiting firms that submit resumes to Grindr without first entering into a written contract will not be entitled to any compensation on candidates referred by that firm.