Founded in 1992, Montreal-based Behaviour Interactive is one of North America's largest independent game developers with close to600employees & over 70 million games sold on every platform. To date, the company's games have reachedmore than200 million players worldwide. In 2019, its most successful IP, the award-winning Dead byDaylightTM,celebrated 12 million players. Behaviour counts amongst its partners some of the world's most recognized brands such as Sony, Disney,Netflix,Activision, Warner Bros, Ubisoft, Xbox Game Studios, Google, Bombardier, Wargaming, HBO, NetEase, Gaea, La Capitale, & many more.For more information:bhvr.com.
As part of our Live Operation team, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with cross-discipline teams to help us constantly improve our games & our players' experience. You will actively contribute to the game design & direction by providing the right insights on players' behaviour & some of the game's features.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Defining & analyzing key performance indicators such as retention, lifetime value or player acquisition
- Building & maintaining key data sets & dashboards to keep track of the most important metrics of the game
- Developing robust metrics to inform strategy & decision-making
- Designing A/B tests to estimate the effect on key metrics & provide recommendations
- Developing models for predicting players' behavior
- Developing the right tools & methodologies to make your analyses repeatable & accessible
- Translating complex findings & results into an easy-to-understand & compelling narrative
- Communicating analyses & recommendations to cross functional stakeholders to influence the direction of the business
Some of the problems you could be working on:
- Analysing the impact of our game economy on players
- Assessing if acquired players are more likely to be retained in our games
- Defining who play our games & the evolution of their behaviors
- Finding the right way to bring a huge amount of information to our different stakeholders
- 3+ years in a quantitative analysis role focusing on data mining, predictive analytics, business intelligence and/or machine learning
- Proficiency in SQL & strong experience with Python
- Knowledge of modern data processing technologies (Spark, Parquet, columnar DBs, etc.)
- Knowledge of major cloud providers & their offerings for analytics (EMR, S3, Kinesis, BigQuery, etc.)
- Ability to identify complex business problems & provide our team with sound analytical solutions
- A business owner mindset, with an ability to work cross-functionally & a keen interest in strategy & operations
- Ability to define relevant metrics that can influence stakeholders to the appropriate insights
- Ability to build clear & easy-to-understand dashboards & presentations (previous experience using Power BI would be a plus)
- Ability to communicate clearly & effectively to cross-functional stakeholders at different levels
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills
- Genuine interest for gaming
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guideline.
We are an equal-opportunity employer & we are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives & background will lead to a better environment for our employees & to better games for our users.