Here at BARK, we love dogs & their people. Were looking to make all dogs happy throughout the entire world (were not kidding). Think Disney for dogs -- we make magic for dogs & their people through our products, events, & experiences.
Our ambition level is high, the opportunity is huge, & our love for dogs is through the roof! We launched in 2011 with BarkBox, a monthly-themed subscription of all-natural treats & clever toys. Since then, we've shipped more than 70 million toys & treats to dogs across the world & use all of that direct customer feedback to inform new initiatives & ways to make magic between dogs & their people. Weve since expanded into other offerings as well, as we aim to become THE Dog Company for every family with a four-legged, belly-scratch-loving, interspecies family member.
The Creative Operations team gets things done. We love to-do lists, checking boxes & making sure everyone knows what they have to do, & by when. Our minds are curious, & we thrive on creating order out of chaos. We continually strive to improve the way work is done by creating structure & process for each of our unique projects. We operate cross-functionally to connect the dots & ensure each project is moving ahead successfully. We thrive on bringing creative vision to life in the best quality possible & within budget. If you LOVE process, organization, have a sense of humor & are dog fanatics, come join us!
WHO WERE SNIFFING FOR
BARK is looking for a freelance photography producer for a 3 month contract. We are looking for a self starter with 3-5 years experience producing shoots, eCommerce experience preferred but not required. The producer will be expected to produce 1-2 shoots per month, working with our in-house team & freelancers. Must be able to easily adapt to changing scenarios & be able to manage multiple projects at once. You must be able to work in person at our New York City office.
- Reports to the Director of Creative Operations & partners with cross-functional teams to execute photo shoots that meet the briefs deliverables.
- Act as the backbone for assigned shoots, organizing, scheduling & owning all aspects of pre-production
- Produce multiple photo/video shoots for Bark Brands.
- Hire, recruit & track freelance crews
- Work with external casting agencies to hire the appropriate dog talent specific to the shoots needs.
- Handle invoicing & budgets tracking for all expenses for each project.
- Ensure shoots are moving along smoothly & troubleshoot on set.
- Collaborate with BARK Art Directors to ensure each shoots vision is executed on brand & within budget.
- Track key milestones for deliverables including, shoot direction, selects, & retouching deadlines.
- Monthly meetings with Creative Marketing PM to ensure all shoots are on the roadmap.
- 3-7 years experience in photography production or related fields.
- Experience with photoshoot processes
- Strong knowledge base in the google suite, monday.com, capture 1, brandfolder, global edit or similar DAM systems
- Must have a great database of talented photographers, stylists, PAs.
- Project management experience is a plus.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience producing shoots, ideally for an ecommerce company.
- Bachelor's degree preferred but not required.
- Ability to build strong relationships with highly creative people.
- Good attitude & can easily adapt to changing priorities.
This position is an hourly, contact position lasting roughly 3 months. It is located on-site at our office in New York City. We offer wonderful team lunches, cold brew on tap, & a dog to pet anytime you wish.
Please Note: BARK requires all employees or guests entering our space to provide proof of up to date covid-19 vaccinations. Exemption and/or accommodation requests will be reviewed on a case by case basis.
FOR NY BASED APPLICANTS:
- The base hourly range for this position is $55- $60 per day
**This compensation range is based on BARKs good faith estimate as of the date of this posting & may be modified in the future. Actual pay for this position will depend on a variety of variables including location, travel, internal equity, experience, education, skills & expertise.