Senior UX Designer Restaurant Team
What is Slice?
Slice is the easiest way to order authentic local pizza. We serve the $40 billion U.S. pizzeria market in two ways: by providing a pizza-centric mobile & web ordering experience for consumers, & by empowering local restaurants with technology that grows their business & helps them compete with Big Pizza. Can you imagine what a local pizza shop could achieve with the resources of Dominos?
Slice was born in 2011 & has quietly bootstrapped its way to profitability while building a network of more than 6,000 pizzerias nationwide. Ilir Sela, the founder & CEO, started the company as a passion project to help friends & family in the pizza business, but he quickly saw a massive opportunity & has built an amazing team of operators, technologists, & investors. Were making major strides this year & wed love to have you on the Slice team!
Yes, we have a pizza philosophy
We believe pizza is more than food its a slice of life. Across the country, pizza is made by people who care about craft, history, & culture, & we created Slice to connect those proud makers with customers who are just as passionate about their pizza.
We celebrate pizza as the ultimate shareable food: It turns everyday moments into memories & brings together friends, families, & communities. And when you order pizza from a place in your neighborhood, you support a local business. So whether you call it a pizza parlor, slice joint, or pizzeria, were here to help you order authentic local pizza & live your best slice life
What youll be doing
- Advocating for a user-centric approach to UX by incorporating user research insights, data, & your design expertise.
- Building empathy with our small business restaurant partners in a 2-sided marketplace. Understand their needs, pain points, & find opportunities to improve their workflow.
- Working closely with Sr Product Designers to define & execute UX strategy from discovery to prototyping.
- Leverage user research to design & iterate user journeys, flows, wireframes, & prototypes for continuous validation.
- Collaborate with product managers, developers, marketers, & customer support throughout the product process, including discovery, testing & scoping to drive successful launches & iterations.
- Be part of building the framework for company-wide design & product practices.
What were looking for
- 4-6 years professional UX Design experience.
- A passion for user-centered design & a portfolio demonstrating thoughtful problem-solving.
- Experience conducting & interpreting user research.
- Experience designing for B2B applications a plus. Experience with point-of-sale products is a major plus.
- Ability to work across multiple platforms & device types to create a consistent, meaningful user experience throughout our restaurant solutions.
- Demonstrated knowledge of good interface & visual design best practices. Professional experience designing UI a strong plus.
- Familiarity with design systems & pattern/component libraries. Experience with Atomic Design principles a plus.
- Experience building & testing prototypes at various fidelities appropriate to each stage in the product process.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate & partner well across, up & down the organization.
- Great Product Designers & UXers can come from a variety of backgrounds, & so Slice is open to varied education & experience.
Do you have the secret sauce?
Were a startup, so being self-motivated, fast, & flexible is a good start. You prefer to come up with your own solutions to problems. You enjoy making suggestions for how to improve our product & business. Youre the kind of person who roots for the underdog. And lastly, this job will probably be a lot easier if you have a soulmate-level love for authentic pizza.