About our Company
MM.LaFleur is a fast-growing professional womenswear company based in New York City. We aim to be the go-to wardrobe solution for women of purpose by taking the work out of dressing for work. Through our thoughtfully-designed products & highly personalized service model, we celebrate & champion the modern professional woman.
Who are we?
We're a varied group of go-getters who are passionate about reimagining the way women shop & dress for work. Were scrappy, straightforward, strategic, & snack-oriented. We think big, but we sweat the details. We take our work (but never ourselves) seriously. We have a validated market & die-hard fans, a quickly growing revenue stream, & a whip-smart & energetic team. We are perfectionists who sometimes spill on our clothes. We truly believe we can do it better & faster & smarterand have more fun while were at it. We are incredibly proud of the team & culture weve built, & are intensely focused on maintaining & evolving this special thing weve got going on.
What is the role?
- Responsible for product growth strategy in keeping with the brand vision
- Bridges business needs with manufacturing strategy, including:
- Curating a vendor base that positions the company for current & future growth
- Setting & managing company expectations on gross margin
- Effectively leveraging volume allocation to create further opportunities for specialized production
- Developing systems for efficient raw materials management
- Strategizes company shift towards sustainability
- Leads the charge on product category expansion: brings new concepts, product ideas, overarching market perspective & a strong point of view to the development of new product categories
- Leads R&D of new, innovative materials & design concepts
- Sets product standards & puts checks & balances in place to maintain consistency in fit & quality
- Collaborates with cross functional departments for product launch strategies & execution
- Cultivates & maintains relationships with suppliers & vendors to improve costs, quality & lead times
- Oversees timelines & budgets for the Product & Product Development teams
- Develops & mentors senior team members across Product Development & Production teams: set clear objectives, provide ongoing performance feedback, provide mentoring & coaching to facilitate their professional development & success
What skills do you have?
- 15+ years of experience in Product Development/Production/Sourcing roles of increasing scope, complexity & leadership responsibility in the apparel & retail industry
- Commitment to quality, with a focus on social & environmental impact
- Possesses high level of creativity, attention to detail at every level
- Must be team-oriented & possess strong leadership skills
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced environment
- Existing connections with manufacturers & suppliers around the world
- Strong interpersonal skills & the ability to build lasting relationships