Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data & technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work makes a real impact. Were the most-visited car-shopping site in the US & we are growing fast in our international markets. Ready to come along for the ride?
As an HR Generalist you will be part of the broader People & Talent team working in close partnership with the HR Business Partners acting as a key resource for internal partners across the business. You will focus on a variety of initiatives across the employee lifecycle with significant impact to improving overall employee experience. You will also liaise with other important teams within People & Talent; Total Rewards, Operations, Recruiting, Learning & Development, & will cross train within these functions to provide backup coverage as needed.
What you'll do:
Act as a frontline resource for Team Leads & Sr/Managers on coaching, development & employee relations matters including:
Annual Performance Process & Goal Setting:
- Collaborate with HRBPs on annual promotion & review process including assisting with team calibrations, promotion files, manager coaching & Workday changes
- Partner with managers on Individual Development Plans (IDPs) & Goal setting initiatives
Employee Relations & PIPs
- Autonomously manage employee relations with an unbiased balanced approach with a high degree of discretion
- Lead Performance Improvement Plans (PIPs) partnering with managers on documentation, plan initiation, feedback & execution; check in with ICs over the course of plan to ensure they are receiving feedback
- Manage Workday requests on behalf of managers & ICs relating to vacation balances, requesting sabbaticals, viewing performance reviews
- Partner on annual Engagement survey working with HRBPs to build clear metrics & action plans
- Partner with recruiting on internal transfers & opportunities, actively engage on external recruiting best practices
- Ensure consistency in job classification in offer process
Reporting & Analytics:
- Conduct data analysis & prepare presentation materials as needed in line with business & HRBP requests
- Ensure job profile, job classification, career paths are up to date for all employees in Workday
- Manage all Workday related job changes
- Conduct exit Interviews & manage exit process including reporting on exits on a quarterly basis to assess trends, strengths & development opportunities
- Help build & maintain policies
Who you are:
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills & attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical & problem-solving skills.
- Strong & proven project management skills, including leading cross-functional project teams.
- Ability to prioritize tasks & manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced & at times stressful environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education & Experience
- Bachelors degree or equivalent
- 3-5 years experience working within an HR or Operations role
- Experience with employee relations & performance management
- Workday experience a plus
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women & other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat & see if you could be a great fit.
At CarGurus, we invest in our peoples professional growth with everything from learning & development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks & benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, & more. That includes equity in the companyour way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the worlds most trusted & transparent automotive marketplace, but trust & transparency dont just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves & their potentialwhere you dont just fit, you thrive. We dont discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
We recognize that flexibility plays a critical role in enabling our people to thrive in both their personal & professional lives. We currently welcome Gurus into our Cambridge, MA office on a voluntary basis but do not require employees to physically be in the office. We will adopt a hybrid working model when health experts & government officials in our local communities deem it safe to do so. Specific arrangements within this model will be up to team leaders discretion; we encourage you to discuss your questions & needs during the interview process.
All US CarGurus employees are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19, unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation. This helps us to safeguard the health of our employees & their families, our customers & visitors, & the community at large.