Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring a (Associate) Director to join our Enterprise Risk Management team in our New York office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
About the role:
We are looking for a (Associate) Director of Enterprise Risk Management. In this role, you understand Oscars business goals, how to build efficient & repeatable processes & the importance & best-practice in enterprise risk management.
You will report into the Head of Capital & Risk Management.
- Build a mature Enterprise Risk Management framework, including risk appetite, risk tolerance & limits, risk identification, assessment, & aggregation, & risk mitigation strategy
- Develop policies & procedures that are key components of Risk Governance
- Formalize risk aggregation & reporting
- Develop a group level aggregation of risks across the enterprise, starting with a bottom-up risk identification process
- Build a group capital calculation
- Develop a stress testing process for evaluating capital & liquidity resources under adverse conditions
- Provide quarterly risk reports to the Audit Committee
- Manage external disclosures related to risk management
- Lead the annual Own Risk & Solvency Assessment to identity, assess, monitor, manage & report material & relevant risks
- Respond to regulatory requests for risk management updates
- Manage the process for internal risk management by maintaining liability coverage commensurate with risk appetite
- 7+ years of professional experience in the insurance industry
- Significant experience in risk management in a fast-moving complicated environment
- Practical experience in statutory insurance capital management; broad knowledge of different capital regimes strongly preferred
- Experience working with NAIC, statutory regulators & stress testing a strong plus
- Demonstrated ability to navigate ambiguity to drive outcomes, work with large datasets & distill analyses into actionable business insights
- Collaborative attitude to work in highly cross-functional organizations
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.