BuzzFeed (Ticker: BZFD) is home to the best of the internet. Across food, news, pop culture & commerce, our brands drive conversation & inspire what audiences watch, read, buy, & obsess over next. Born on the internet in 2006, BuzzFeed is committed to making it better: providing trusted, quality, brand-safe news & entertainment to hundreds of millions of people; making content on the internet more inclusive, empathetic, & creative; & inspiring our audience to live better lives. We'll continue to recruit the best founders & creators to join us in this mission, with more additions like Complex Networks & HuffPost to come.
Tasty is the worlds largest social food network & a fully diversified leading global food brand. As BuzzFeeds biggest brand, Tasty is focused on making cooking practical, accessible, & fun for beginner cooks & expert chefs alike. Launched in 2015,Tasty has studios across the globe, is the #1 top food creator on social media, & has attracted more than 100 billion lifetime video views reaching hundreds of millions of people around the world every month with its signature fun, easy, & delicious video recipes. Tasty is the internets favorite kitchen!
BuzzFeed is looking for a talented & experienced Manager of Marketing Strategy to join the Tasty team. Focus will be on the Tasty & Tasty Lifestyle brands.
- Partner with Tasty revenue stakeholders in licensing, commerce, studio & tech develop full-funnel marketing strategies for Tasty launches
- Ideate, develop, present 360 creative marketing programs using both organic & paid marketing tactics
- Partner with Tasty leadership to create & execute marketing calendar for Tasty brand priorities including product launches, shoppable recipe pushes, new features, merchandise,Tasty show launches & more
- Execute marketing programs by partnering with key editorial, production, art/design, sales, marketing & e-commerce/licensing stakeholders
- Develop process & best practices for new launches with enough lead time & ongoing, always on programming/products with continuity campaigns
- Oversee allocated marketing budget for priority campaigns that may include paid media, sweepstakes, stunts, etc.
- Partner with Business Intelligence & Audience Development teams to implement a data-informed approach to how new marketing programs are developed, tracked, optimized, reported on, & inform future activity
- 4+ years experience planning, leading & executing large-scale, cross-channel Marketing programs
- Experience planning & buying across digital, social, OOH, print & other channels
- Ability to think analytically, critically & logically to help teams develop simple, integrated & elegant approaches to complex brand issues.
- Ability to analyze data to make informed recommendations
- Experience presenting to clients & managing ongoing partnerships
- Agile & can operate in long-lead & short-lead situations
- Solid knowledge of the digital media & content landscape
- Understanding of product go-to-market best practices
- Highly collaborative, inclusive & organized
- Ability to create a mean deck & maintain a detailed budget
- Passionate about food & BuzzFeeds content & products
Life at BuzzFeed
We celebrate inclusion & are committed to equal opportunity employment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
You can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive & equitable compensation package, including salary & stock options.
- A generous benefits program featuring paid time off, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more.
We want all employees to feel safe & comfortable when they engage in any in-person meetings, when visiting the office, or when working from an offsite production or meeting location. As part of this commitment to health & safety, BuzzFeed requires COVID-19 vaccines for current U.S. employees, including all newly hired employees. Requests for accommodation per applicable law for health and/or religious reasons will be considered. Union employees are subject to what is outlined in their applicable collective bargaining agreement.
Note: BuzzFeed offers remote/flexible work (unless specified to be required to be in-person) & open to hiring remote candidates who are residents in the following states: CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, HI, IL, IN, KY, MA, MD, MI, MS, MT, NC, NH, NJ, NM, NY, OH, OR, PA, TX, VA, WA, & WV. For non sales roles, we can also hire in AK, AR, AZ, ID, KS, MO, ND, SC, & VT.