The Professional Services Sales Executive is responsible for scoping & selling Okta Professional Services (PS), & Professional Services business development. We are looking for an experienced services sales person who has the capability to perform technical scoping of engagements, & excels in positioning the value of Okta PS assisting in customers meeting their business needs with C-level personnel & negotiating SOW terms & fees. You are accountable for meeting Professional Services booking quota & is an active participant during delivery.
You will partner with the license sales team & lead with scoping, selling, & positioning of Okta Services with the goal of delighting our customers by accelerating their time to value. As an active participant during delivery, you will provide leadership & mentoring as needed to the PS Delivery team, responsible for a smooth transition to the Delivery team, & collaborate with the Customer Success ecosystem to ensure deployment meets what was sold.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Articulate & sell the value of Okta Services within prospective & existing accounts enterprise customers
- Work in conjunction with Sales Representatives, Sales Engineers, & Architects to define & integrate the services solution into the comprehensive Okta proposal
- Own Services & Training bookings quota in assigned territory
- Translate high-level product proposals into an implementable technical solution
- Execute Professional Services technical scoping activity with prospective customers & produce proposal, level of effort, Statement of Work, & resource plans
- Plan & lead teams of resources involved in scoping professional services for our most complex solutions & the largest customers.
- Plan & lead Training positioning & discovery with prospective customers, make training recommendations, & ensure appropriate training is included in proposals & quotes.
- Work harmoniously with Okta channel partners on joint proposals & scoping to ensure customer success
- Being recognized by customer as a trusted advisor in product deployment & process decisions.
- Perform in a billable capacity as an active project participants during implementation to continue customer sponsor & executive relationship, & assist with critical issues & expectation coordination.
- Participate in virtual teams to assist buildout Okta Services methodologies, processes, offerings/services, & collateral
- 4+ years experience of selling Professional Services and/or Technology Solutions.
- 4+ years meeting & exceeded services bookings targets in a services organization.
- 6+ years building & maintaining positive relationships with key partners throughout a delivery process.
- Strong presentation skills: Showing the value, capabilities, & differentiators of complex service solutions using methodologies & service offerings.
- 4+ years of experience mastering the SOW/Proposal processes by scoping, producing, & delivering to the customer SOWs that meet customers documented requirements
- Can articulate relevant customer success stories & metrics that demonstrate value to the customer.
- 3+ years experience with technologies & protocols to support identity federation & robust access control models (e.g., SAML 2.0, XACML, WS-Federation, WS-Trust, OAuth, OpenID, Active Directory, LDAP)
- 3+years experience with Software as a Service & Infrastructure as a Service
- General knowledge of cloud architecture as well as on-premise IT landscape
- Some knowledge & experience in Identity & Access Management (IAM) & Security space preferred
- Project Management experience is a plus
- Ability to learn Okta solutions at a technical consultant level
You exhibit confidence & a deep understanding of emerging industry practices when solving business problems. In addition, we want someone who displays certainty in driving requirements, estimating, scoping, & selling proposals. You can identify critical issues with ease, while pushing creative thinking beyond the boundaries of existing industry practices & customer mindsets.
- Drives customer interactions & provides mentorship & structure to SOW proposal development & PS sales cycles
- Communicates with internal & external customers & management
- Effectively communicate technical information to non-technical audiences
- Delivers informative, well-organized presentations
- Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information thoughtfully
Team & Customer Interaction
- Facilitates & leads effective team interaction
- Communicates effectively with customers to identify needs & evaluate alternative business & technical solutions with customers
- Continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction & deepen client relationships
- Manages client expectations effectively
A Bachelor's degree in or related discipline or relevant technical experience required
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative & successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies & provides flexible benefits & collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best & uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Oktas privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.