Getting together with real people in real life makes powerful things happen. Side hustles become careers, ideas become movements, & chance encounters become lifelong connections. Meetup brings people together to create thriving communities. Show up. Change lives.
Our NYC team is looking for an entrepreneurial, growth-minded leader to join our executive team & develop our global business. The CFO will be a key member of the executive team, reporting to & working closely with the CEO. The ideal candidate will be grounded in Meetups mission with exceptional strategic, financial analysis, & accounting skills, possessing deep experience in dramatically scaling a business.
This role is not your typical CFO role with a singular focus on finance. This position will oversee legal, corporate development, finance, accounting, & administrative operations.
What youll do:
- Lead all company systems & processes for forecasting, budgeting, & revenue monitoring based on sophisticated financial modeling & analysis
- Develop effective solutions to improve Meetups financial position & results, & contribute proactively to business optimization
- Provide analytical oversight of strategic company business decisions
- Own P&L & financial projections, pricing & valuation models & company presentations
- Lead teams across finance, legal, accounting & operations
- Oversee regulatory & compliance matters in all areas of accounting, finance, payroll, & taxation
- Provide significant input in determining business health KPI's, monitor & highlight notable points proactively, including revenue tracking, margin analysis & pricing
- Identify all potential corporate development & M&A activity for the business
- Represent Meetup by effectively communicating to external stakeholders (the CEO & CFO of WeWork most notably) & internal leadership
- Prioritize & work with the CTO & company leadership on CapEx/OpEx/P&L cost savings initiatives
Youre the ideal teammate if you have:
- 15+ years' progressive finance experience in a financial & business leadership role
- A passion for bringing people together, creating community and changing lives
- Previous experience in a rapidly growing startup/technology firm
- Extensive experience working in direct-to-consumer digital subscription businesses and/or marketplaces
- Entrepreneurial spirit & passion for building
- Desire to work in a dynamic start-up, & be effective resolving ambiguities
- Demonstrated ability to set priorities, be flexible & manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to think creatively & be resourceful within the context of financial & strategic planning
- High intellectual capacity, particularly in an analytical & strategic context
- Unquestionable personal integrity & business judgment
This is an exciting time to join as a Meetup executive. After 16 years of leadership by our Founder, we recently welcomed a new CEO to the company. We are now going through the process of re-evaluating our priorities & business model as we shift from a subscription business to a two-sided marketplace. Executives who join will be part of this highly dynamic strategy process that will impact our future for years to come. We are also a year into being acquired by WeWork, an amazing partner who continues to significantly invest in our growth.
Our team is bold, supportive, & passionate about bringing people together in real life to create community for everyone. We care about moving fast, real-world change, & building diverse, dynamic teams. We were recently acquired by WeWork, & the company is investing significantly in our growth. You in?