At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
You're an enthusiastic app developer looking to take your skills to the next level by joining our Android team. We build apps used by millions of people, & we take great pride in our work. This means excellent development practices, careful code architecture, & an organization built around rapid releases. Within the teams, backlog grooming, planning meetings, daily stand-ups, demos & retrospectives keep us agile, & accountable. Continuous integration with automated testing allows us to run a bi-weekly release train. Our beta release process gives us useful insight into user behavior & heavy use of analytics, A/B testing & feature flagging allows for rapid iteration. With a focus on delightful user experiences, we balance building new features, refactoring code, & tweaking existing features based on analytics data. Every line of code gets reviewed by other developers, every pixel inspected by designers, & every feature hammered on by manual & automated QA.
- Work within our product teams to build exciting features
- Implement pixel perfect designs with advanced animations
- Extend & implement our APIs
- Implement unit & UI automation tests
- Experience using design & architecture patterns
- Understand unit testing
- Knowledge of Java, Kotlin or NET
- Good sense of usability & product
- Generalist engineer experience. Experience building web services, accessing data storages
- Experience pursuing side projects or open source projects
- Shipped Android apps, available on Google Play
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Monthly commuter subsidy to cover your transit to work
- 20% off all Lyft rides
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues & hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy & safe workplace & strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance & other similar state laws & local ordinances, & its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.