Peloton is looking for a VP of Platform to establish a vision, mission, & strategy for the growing Platform Engineering Organization. This candidate will be leading the SRE, Infrastructure, & Performance teams. This individual should thrive in a fast-paced, hyper-growth environment, & should be eager to make an immediate impact upon joining the team.
- Establish vision, mission, & strategy for the platform engineering team.
- Act as the business owner for the platform team & lead the team with a focus on business value & continuously obsess over operational metrics & strategic KPIs.
- Build & own platform business operations with an eye towards cost engineering, vendor management, & drive key build vs buy decisions for platform services.
- Own & execute on platforms strategic road map to drive reliability, security, & developer efficiency for all software & application development teams in Peloton.
- Establish & lead Pelotons micro-services architecture working group to drive excellence for Pelotons micro-services initiative & execute on transforming Pelotons core application into services.
- Identity & access management service, cloud infrastructure, data storage service, observability tooling, logging, & test infrastructure.
- Collaborate with the cyber security team to ensure Pelotons cloud infrastructure is meeting key operational security metrics.
- Continuously improve engineering processes & maintain collaboration between platform team & other development teams.
- Develop & own the cost engineering philosophy & collaborate across development teams to drive continuous cost improvements.
- 10-15+ years in a leadership/management capacity around cloud infrastructure, software development on top of cloud infrastructure, & running cloud operations.
- Technology leader with experience attracting senior technical & product talents.
- Experience partnering with business & product teams to architect & strategize technology & cloud platform road map
- Ability to lead an organization with data-driven business results in mind.
- Experience setting long term vision & strategy with ability to establish department-wide goals.
- Clear & persuasive communicator of data-driven analyses & data methodologies to all audiences, regardless of the level of data comprehension.
- Excellent communication, adaptability & collaboration skills.
- Experience running Agile methodology & applying Agile at scale.
At Peloton, we dont just accept differencewe celebrate it, we support it, & we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products & our community. Peloton is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace & is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy & benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience & comfort of home. We use technology & design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, & Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks & challenging the status quo by continuously innovating & improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, & we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses & retail showrooms in the US, UK & Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 & Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.