At Teachers Pay Teachers (TpT), we're unlocking the power of educator-created content. TpT gives educators access to a trusted, one-of-a-kind community. We are the world's first marketplace of our kind & founded by a teacher, for teachers as the go-to platform for teacher-created content for nearly 15 years. We are currently serving more than 7.5 million users & more than 85% of U.S. teachers. If you haven't heard of TpT yet & want to learn more, just ask any teacher.
The Easel group at TpT is creating the next generation of device-enabled learning experiences for the millions of teachers & students relying on our platform. We are launching tools that allow teachers to easily distribute assignments & let students complete their work & receive feedback on their devices. We are building features for teachers to better understand the progress students are making as they complete this work digitally.
The Easel Activation team is focused on delivering a superior experience for teachers trying to use content within Easel. We work to help teachers see the value of Easel & understand how it can improve their teaching experience.
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Easel Activation team, you will help lead the engineering team in delivering iterative value to our users while building on top of a sound technical foundation. In addition to being a prolific contributor yourself, you will uplevel the rest of the team by introducing new technology standards & mentoring junior engineers. You are also expected to help the team identify & take action on process improvements that allow it to accomplish its goals more efficiently & with improving quality. Finally, youll be asked to take on progressively more responsibilities to lead major projects & initiatives, working across teams & functions to deliver on aggressive goals.
- Drive delivery of high quality products & features by working with cross-functional leads (product, design, marketing) to define, scope & prioritize upcoming projects
- Provide technical oversight to the breadth of engineering work on the team, & participate directly in architecture design & implementation.
- Focused on delivering product value through full-stack contributions, while going deep on specific technologies based on interest & need.
- Implement a culture of continuous iteration & learning both on the product & team processes.
- Encourage & exemplify exceptional communication & collaboration on the team. Leverage these practices to help the team resolve ambiguity & make effective decisions.
- Effectively scale yourself by defining & delegating projects where appropriate, while continuing to provide helpful input to teammates.
- Strong technical track record, with deep full-stack knowledge & a demonstrated ability to drive systems-level decisions.
- Experience working on a product team, building highly-scalable web applications.
- Excellent verbal & written communication that is effective both amongst engineers & cross-functionally.
- Deep technical curiosity to learn & fill gaps in knowledge about systems you are responsible for. Able to learn & provide effective feedback to peers working on a wide breadth of technologies.
- 4+ years of experience in software development at scale, with clear examples of leading large, complex projects. Bonus points for 1+ year of experience in a technical leadership role.
Benefits & Perks:
At TpT, we believe the positive experience of employees is essential to growth, both individually & collectively. To achieve our mission of Empowering Educators to Teach at Their Best, we must also empower the members of our TpT Team to work at their best. To that end, two of our core company values are We Learn & Grow Together & We Enjoy the Journey. Weve committed to these values & to our employees through investing in added benefits & perks:
- Comprehensive Medical, Vision & Dental Benefits
- Free Telemedicine Membership - 24/7 access to trusted medical advisors
- Generous PTO & Wellness Days
- 5 Week Recharge Leave after 5 Years, to refresh & celebrate the impact youve had at TpT
- Generous Parental Leave (for new parents) for time to adjust to parenthood, plus additional six weeks for the birth parent
- Onsite Mothers Room
- Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) to promote employee inclusivity & belonging
- Engineering Learning Fridays (ELF), to provide a space each week for Engineering teams to collaborate & learn from each other
- Professional Development Stipend, to support the professional growth of employees (including - but not limited to - subscriptions, books, lectures, etc.)
- Annual Company Events (Camp TpT, Field Day, Hackathons, Holiday Party, Summer Picnic, Classroom Visits, etc.)
Here at TpT we value Diversity & Inclusion & encourage people to bring their most authentic selves to work. We cultivate an environment where people are recognized & celebrated for their individuality.
Any TpT applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the interview process should contact the TpT People Ops Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.Finally, if youre a California resident, California law requires that we provide you notice about the collection & use of your personal information. We encourage you to read it carefully. You can find our full notice here.