Capsule is rebuilding the $425 billion pharmacy industry from the inside out with an emotionally resonant experience, & technology that enables customized outcomes for doctors, hospitals, insurers, & manufacturers. Our team makes the same promise to each other as the one weve made to our customers, doctors, & partners: everybody needs some looking after sometimes. Capsule has raised over $250 million from the best consumer internet & healthcare investors in the world.
Our values are: everybody needs some looking after sometimes & winning together. People succeed in our culture when they are energized to accomplish ambitious goals & push themselves & those around them to be better. We work hard to teach & share our successes to help others be successful. We anticipate our teammates needs & communicate early & often, using the input of our peers to operate both fast & right. We have tremendous ambitions & have a lot of fun pursuing them if that excites you, we would love to have you join us.
About the Role:
As a Lead Software Development Engineer in Testing at Capsule, you will be responsible for driving the creation & design of test automation frameworks for our applications. You will provide thought leadership in identifying opportunities to raise the bar around Quality in the engineering organization. You will work closely with tech leads across the engineering organization to ensure the team delivers high quality applications through best practices integration of testing tools, methodologies, & frameworks within our software delivery process.
What Youll Do:
- Drive overall design, creation & maintenance of automation framework
- Identify best practices testing tools & frameworks especially in a self-service context
- Work closely with your fellow engineers & be a trusted source for Quality best practices
- Be an evangelist for Quality across the engineering organization
- Possess a thorough understanding of unit, integration, & e2e testing, how they differ & you have a strong philosophy on when to utilize what.
- Have experience with testing frameworks including Cypress, Jest & preferably Jenkins & Selenium
- Have the ability to understand product requirements & translate them into technical tests.
- Have strong communication skills, oral & written, youre a trusted partner for fellow engineers & product managers.
- Have had a technical background - software development, etc.
Nice to have/helpful/bonus skills:
- Experience with AWS
- Know how to use audit tools like Lighthouse, WAVE, & Istanbul
- You take pride in enabling the best work of others on the team. You think ahead to anticipate the needs of your teammates & you give & get all the facts making it easy for others to make decisions.
- You drive results in a way that makes everyone better. You accomplish ambitious objectives while uplifting the team around you. You're a magnet for team members looking to get better & be successful.
- You work hard & want to have fun while you do so. You celebrate wins & remember to enjoy the journey as we build something iconic.
- You can work both fast & right & don't view them as trade-offs. You understand when things require precision & accuracy & where 80% gets you to the desired outcome.
- You thrive on being pushed & challenged. You communicate effectively both in written form & live / on your feet - you are not fazed by tough questions in the moment.
- You strike the right balance of putting enough work in to share something, but not going off into a corner for weeks at a time to polish something to perfection.
- You operate like an owner & expect others to as well. You take personal responsibility & value personal responsibility in others.
- You check your ego at the door. You are interested in finding the right answer vs. always having the right answer.
Capsule is committed to hiring the best team possible to build a pharmacy that works for everyone. We have a diverse set of problems to solve, & believe that we need a diverse set of perspectives to deliver the best possible solutions to those problems. We look for talent from a wide range of backgrounds - including but not limited to - race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity & expression, national origin, religion, disability, & veteran status.