Ticketing is a complex, historically opaque industry with a unique set of challenges. At SeatGeek we look to open ticketing with innovative technology, thoughtful interfaces, & an above-all-else focus on our users.
As a Product Manager on the Infrastructure team at SeatGeek, you'll become an integral part of our development team. Helping to automate & optimize SeatGeek's technology ecosystem, focusing on infrastructure & release automation, operating environment resilience, & generally, making things work & scale.
What You'll Be Doing
SeatGeek is a company that moves fast while growing at an impressive scale. We want to continue to enable our engineers to ship their code to production with the push of a button. To provide that type of agility to our engineering team, SeatGeek needs a world class development infrastructure.
- Envision new product features & then drive their creation, including writing feature specs, detailing goals, defining KPIs, & working with the dev team.
- Taking engineering managers & engineers along for the journey as your conduct research & gather feedback
- Triage product requests, ideas, & bug reports, & act as an ambassador for your product area to the rest of the company
- Obsess over product analytics, creating & monitoring product dashboards & constantly finding new insights in our user data
- Clearly communicate project status to all stakeholders, & take responsibility for deadlines & deliverables
- Improve workflow automation across the Infrastructure team, & across the Development organization more broadly
- Interact with the rest of the engineering organization to help support them in getting the most out of our infrastructure tooling
What We're Looking For
You have a proven track record with at least 2+ years of product management experience. Youre a curious, detail-oriented, hyper-organized self-starter who can manage a lot of information, projects, & responsibilities at once.
You can clearly express your product vision. You will help own our development infrastructure system, & define the vision of how engineers work at SeatGeek.
Ideally you also have expertise with a majority of the following:
- Cloud experience (AWS preferred)
- Experience working in a continuous integration environment
- Proven experience executing tool development, services, & platforms
- Experience working closely with engineering teams
- Project management tools like Trello, Asana, Jira, Pivotal Tracker, or GitHub Issues
- Google Spreadsheets and/or Excel
- A laid-back, fun workplace designed to facilitate collaboration & company wide events
- $120/mo to spend on live events tickets
- A superb benefits package that supports health/dental/vision
- A focus on transparency. We have regular team lunches & Q&A panels where employees can chat openly with teams across SeatGeek, our co-founders, & external guests from the industry
- Annual subscriptions to Citibike, Spotify, & meditation services
Come Join Us!
SeatGeek is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees & applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, creed, age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, military or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. As an equal opportunities employer, we recognize that diversity is a positive attribute & we welcome the differences & benefits that a diverse culture brings.