We believe conquering cancer is a big data problem. That's why we built the world's leading comprehensive liquid biopsy. This non-invasive tool for accessing & sequencing tumor DNA is used by thousands of oncologists to help tens of thousands of advanced cancer patients. We believe the boom in cancer data acquisition we helped launch will drive important discoveries & new products. We're working on some exciting ones, including in early detection, where the impact on patients can be profound. We've raised more than $500 million from investors including Sequoia Capital, Khosla Ventures, OrbiMed, & SoftBank.
LUNAR Outcomes & Evidence intern program has been developed to provide students with an engaging & rewarding summer through hands-on experience & opportunities to network with employees across Guardant Health. You will have an opportunity to participate as a data scientist through various activities such as data organization, visualization, analysis, validation & reporting. You will apply SAS and/or R for statistical analysis.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Apply statistical techniques (ie. linear modeling, logistic regression, etc.) to health claims data & draw inference to address the scientific question
- Support a variety of statistical programming activities
- Conduct literature review to identify the clinical relevance of the data, as well as reviewing literature to potentially scope analysis projects
- Work to develop presentations for internal/external stakeholders
- Working towards a Bachelor/Master's in Data Science related field (Statistics/ /advanced mathematics/epidemiology/outcomes research)
- Fluency in statistical programming (R/SAS/Python, etc.)
- Able to work independently & in a collaborative environment
- Able to communicate with cross-functional teams & to work in both small & large working teams
- Ability to multi-task & interface with team members who are working under deadlines; ability to set priorities & excellent time management skills
- Experience using claims data & survival analysis preferred
- Basic knowledge of data scientist tools such as machine learning algorithms
- Strong communication skills
- Previous experience in the job duties listed, either through course work or industry/academia
What you will gain:
- Experience in data analysis in a clinical trial/real world evidence setting
- Familiarity with diagnostic environment
- Enhanced communication skills. Intern will get opportunity to co-operate with team members in a major clinical trial & smaller scale real world evidence projects
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.