At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
The Senior Accountant will be involved in various aspects of ASC 842 lease & fleet accounting, which includes real estate facilities, Express Drive, Consumer Rentals & Vehicle Service Centers within the Controllership team. The role will be working closely with & reporting to the Accounting Manager, Lease & Fleet, as well as partner cross-functionally with Finance & other Lyft teams throughout the organization.
An ideal candidate in this role will be someone who is a quick learner, thrives in a fast-past environment & is highly organized, with an ability to manage multiple projects.
- Review & assess new leases, modifications & terminations & update lease accounting system with new activity
- Execute monthly/quarterly close procedures, such as preparing journal entries, balance sheet reconciliation & flux analysis
- Work closely with cross functional partners including FP&A, Real Estate Operations & others.
- Prepare supporting documents external auditors & internal controls to ensure SOX compliance
- Assist in developing & implementing scalable accounting processes to facilitate timely & accurate financial reporting
- Actively participate & collaborate on system implementations
- Perform special, ad-hoc projects in Accounting/Finance as needed
- 4-year degree in Accounting/Finance & CPA preferred
- 4+ years in Accounting, including Big 4 & larger multinational organizations experience
- Demonstrated initiative & ability to work independently with minimal daily direction from management to accomplish objectives & deadlines
- Excellent organizational, verbal, & written communication skills are a must
- Accounting research & problem solving skills required
- Must be detail oriented & able to multitask
- Strong quantitative & qualitative analytical skills must have significant experience in Microsoft & Google applications. ERP experience required (Oracle, Lease Accelerator experience is a plus)
- Ability to operate independently & as part of a larger functional team
- ASC 842 knowledge & experience strongly desired
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive & diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state & local law.