The Account Manager, Here is a full time role that is responsible for the development & execution of custom integrated marketing programs for paid media partnerships at Away, the worlds fastest growing travel brand.
The primary focus of the role is to ideate & execute innovative, integrated programs that break the mold of traditional media & advertising partnerships. This individual will be the key point of contact with the client before, during & after campaign launch, & will work closely with the entire brand marketing teaminclusive of experiential, social & influencer marketing & the media teamsto sell & execute programs. The Account Manager, Here will be integral to the entire sales cycle, including program ideation, sales marketing materials, client management, campaign execution, & recap reports.
The role reports to the Head of Media at Away. Here Magazine launched in 2017 as a direct response to Away customers reaching out for travel recommendations. Our mission is to build the most trusted travel media destination in the world through open & honest storytelling.
What you'll do:
- Work with the Head of Media & Director of Partnerships to develop a partnerships pipeline & plan for outreach that reflects the 2019 media sales strategy
- Work with the media teams Senior Producer to create & communicate innovative partnership ideas that address advertiser needs through engaging sales marketing materials
- Work with the media teams Head of Media to create budgets & media plansboth client-facing & internal
- Work with editorial, experiential, influencer marketing & social teams to inform content strategy & experiential ideas for partnerships
- Manage communication with clients & across departments at Away to seamlessly execute large-scale advertiser programs & meet deadlines
- Manage campaigns towards projected budget & reach
- Create compelling campaign recaps & case studies that help to generate new & repeat business
Who you are:
- At least 5 years of experience in a client-facing role, preferably at a media company or agency
- Demonstrated expertise in digital & experiential marketing, including campaign development & performance analyses
- Strong understanding of advertiser needs & communication best practices for agency/client structures
- History of developing revenue-generating ideas based on market trends & advertising client needs
- Proven ability to work independently & build unique programs from the ground up
- Ability to stay organized, meet deadlines, balance priorities, & work well under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including extremely strong written & verbal communication skills - both internal & client-facing
- Excellent client communication skills throughout client prospecting & campaign execution
Youll love working at Away because:
- We travel.We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. Youll have flexible PTO to explore new places & access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once youre here for three years, youll earn a sabbatical & a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- Were not just employees.Were people. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, & dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, monthly reimbursements to incentivize you to work out, generous & inclusive parental leave, & a kitchen stocked with organic snacks & coffee.
- Well invest in your career.Our companys growing quickly, & well give you the opportunity to do the same. Youll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the companys evolving needs.
- Were creating an environment whereeveryonecan thrive. Our customers are global & diverse, so were building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, & more, were building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional & physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages.We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, & believe that fair & equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more. You can bring your dog to work. Well give you money every month to grab coffee with coworkers. We have weekly team breakfasts & regular happy hours. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.
Away (www.awaytravel.com)is a global lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to enhance your travel experience. Were building a company with a mission to make travel more seamlessstarting with luggage. We started in 2016 with one foundational piece: The Carry-On. Today, were working to build the #1 travel brand in the world.
To date weve sold more than 500,000 suitcases, opened several retail locations, expanded internationally to meet our customers where they are, launched an in-house media division, & grown to a team of more than 150 people. We know thats just the beginning.
Fast Company named us one of their 2018 Top 10 Most Innovative Companies, we were selected as one of TIME's 50 Genius Companies of 2018, included on LinkedIn's "Top Startups of 2018" list, & called a Breakthrough Brand with Ingenious Marketing by Adweek.