At HelloFresh, our mission is to change the way people eat - forever. From our 2011 founding in Europes vibrant tech hub Berlin, weve become the global market leader in the meal kit sector & inspire millions of energised home cooks across the globe every week.
We offer our meal kit boxes full of exciting recipes & thoughtfully sourced, fresh ingredients in more than 13 countries, operating from offices in Berlin, New York City, Sydney, Toronto, London, Amsterdam & Copenhagen & shipped out more than 250 Million meals in 2019.
Our more than 5,000 employees are the heart & soul of our highly international, fast-paced, & dynamic environment where innovation & smart, fast action is encouraged.
We want you to join us & help take HelloFresh to the next level - as a company in its growth phase this is a great time to join. Career & development opportunities are endless.
We will encourage you to make an immediate impact in your area of work as well as empower you to grow your career with us.
Our Engineering, Data, Product & Security teams are located in Berlin & New York & are critical to what we do. From procurement tools, to conversion rate optimization, live pricing tools, payment services & add-on upselling features, we work on challenging problems & have a high output of building & releasing features & engines that make our business thrive & deliver real financial impact.
You can get a taste of what we've been working on by checking out our tech blog.
About the job
As a Senior Data Engineer at HelloFresh, you will be collaborating to build a robust & highly performing data platform using cutting-edge technologies. You will develop distributed services that process data in batch & real-time with a focus on scalability, data quality, & business requirements. You will have the opportunity to work on challenging data-related problems & building a self-serve data platform, like:
- Building reusable technology that enables teams to capture, process, store, & serve their data products in an easy way
- Building & maintaining complex & scalable ETLd pipelines
- Working closely with the data infrastructure team
- Collaborating closely with business stakeholders like Marketing, Product Analytics, etc.
- Driving data quality & governance
Who we are looking for
- Extensive experience in Software Engineering & the ability to design, implement & deliver maintainable & high-quality code
- Deliver scalable production-ready solutions
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Extensive experience with Apache Spark, Hive, & Kafka
- Experience with cloud infrastructure, e.g., AWS (S3, EMR, Glue, Athena)
- Experience with data modeling & data warehousing solutions
- Exceptional written & verbal communication skills, ability to build effective communication structures in a fast-growing engineering organization
- Exceptional technical background & a demonstrated clear impact on achieving business goals
- Demonstrable past experience with Agile methodologies, with a strong focus on data-driven experimentation, lean thinking, & quick iterations
What we offer
- Relocation assistance to move to Berlin & visa application support
- Competitive compensation
- Significant reduction on our meal kits
- Annual learning & development budget to attend conferences or purchase educational resources
- Sabbatical policy
- Work in our office located in the heart of Berlin
- A diverse & vibrant international environment
- A range of perks (Free in-house crash course in German, compensation for advanced German classes, in-house lecture series & knowledge sharing programme, discounts for our neighboring gym & Urban Sports Club, free weekly yoga classes, summer & winter parties, discount on our HelloFresh GO vending machines)
- The chance to have a significant impact on one of the fastest-growing technology companies in Europe in an exciting growth phase
Are you up for a challenge?
Please submit your complete application below including your salary expectations & earliest starting date.