Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in todays most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, & The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, & more, both online & at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 alumni & counting. In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent & spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. Our clients include everyone from many of the Fortune 500 companies, to government agencies, to small- & medium-sized businesses. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloittes Technology Fast 500, & Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education
The Consumer Financing Coordinator oversees the daily operations of consumer financing programs at GA globally, including, but not limited to, Income Share Agreements (ISAs), Loans & military-affiliated students using VA educational benefits.
The role is directly responsible for serving as GAs global VA School Certifying Official (SCO) & liaison to the Department of Veteran Affairs to seamlessly enroll students using a VA education benefit. The primary job will be to review, verify & process-related VA forms & applications; provide ongoing education & monitoring of current veteran students using educational benefits; & handle all related questions for current & future students.
Reporting to the Consumer Financing Manager, they will be responsible for the following duties:
VA Certification & Enrollment Processing
- Be open to becoming a subject matter expert in Educational Benefit programs for veterans, active military, & their dependents in the Post 9/11 GI Bill (Chapter 33), Vocational Rehabilitation Program (Chapter 31), Montgomery GI Bill (Chapter 30), Dependents Educational Assistance (Chapter 35), Chapter 1606 & Fry Scholarship programs along with any new educational benefit programs for veterans, active military, & their dependents.
- Manage student enrollment certifications on a daily basis for student accounts.
- Collaborate with Finance to verify tuition & billing for certified student veterans.
Record Keeping & Reporting
- Maintain records of currently enrolled GI Bill & Catalyst students & ensure data in all applicable systems is accurate for compliance through routine monitoring.
- Submit enrollment ratio reporting to the VA.
- Monitor & update Catalyst application pipeline.
- Support weekly performance reporting for Campus Leadership.
- Drive improvement of ISA, Loan, & GI Bill success metrics (use rate, completion rate, etc).
- Partner with regulatory team members to ensure GI Bill operations meet compliance requirements
Customer service & student issue resolution
- Provide assistance to prospective VA students & parents with general inquiries about Veteran educational benefits via phone, email, or in-person. Assist students with applying for VA educational benefits; as well as provide detailed information to new & current students regarding registration & VA payments.
- Work with campus & the VA to resolve high-risk student situations as needed.
- Monitor Catalyst inbox & Slack channels, responding timely to student & admissions messages.
- Support training sales staff & create collateral to properly discuss financing options.
Skills & Qualifications:
- You have strong analytical, time-management, & organizational skills with a particular attention to detail
- Ability to build strong partnerships with students who you may never meet in person.
- Must successfully complete U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs Online School Official Training within 30 days upon hiring.
- Experience working in or directly with the military or experience administering military programs that assist service members, veterans, and/or their family members achieve higher education is preferred
- You have excellent verbal & written communication skills
- A passion for education & for changing lives
- You bring a contagious positivity & enthusiasm to the teams you join!