NS1s mission is to unlock the potential of DNS to deliver the tech that powers our customers & the world. We are the market leader in DNS & traffic management software & services, & our customers include the biggest properties & largest enterprises on the internet, such as Salesforce, LinkedIn, Squarespace, Pandora, Imgur, Yelp, Dropbox, & many more. Our modern DNS technologies enable optimized application delivery, couple via our APIs into the tooling & processes of todays DevOps organizations, & deliver reliability & performance at global scale. We operate a worldwide, highly tuned Managed DNS network, & also deliver our technologies to customers as single-tenant software deployments. We solve incredibly challenging problems on behalf of our customers, in the most mission critical parts of their stack.
Were looking for a highly motivated Senior Accountant to join our fast growing company. The Senior Accountant will play a key role in the day-to-day operations of the Finance team. This role will be primarily be responsible for managing all aspects of billing & various aspects of the accounts payable & the month-end close process.
- Perform detailed review of new & existing customer contract billing terms
- Process & code customer billing to generate invoices based on predefined criteria
- Respond & resolve all customer & internal stakeholder inquiries in a timely manner
- Process adjustments, credit memos & write-offs as needed.
- Cross collaborate with sales & customer success teams to resolve customer inquiries & disputes.
- Perform collection duties & strive to improve days sales outstanding metric.
- Assist with month-end close process for revenues, accounts receivable & deferred revenue & ensure compliance with ASC 606
- Process & review vendor bills as needed to ensure proper coding & accounting treatment.
- Manage the purchase order process & match vendors bills to purchase orders, ensuring accuracy & proper levels of approval
- Resolve all vendor billing inquiries
- Identify month-end expense accruals & perform expense analytical review procedures
- Manage accounting schedules & reconciliations as part of the month-end close process
- 2+ years of accounting experience
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics preferred
- Proficiency in Excel
- Analytical prowess, strategic thinking & detail-oriented
- Clear & effective communication skills, both verbal & written
- Self-starter that adapts well to change in a fast-paced, dynamic workplace
- Ability to manage competing priorities & deadlines
Nice to have:
- Experience at a B2B SaaS company
- Experience working with Accounting software (Quickbooks Online, Intacct, Netsuite)
- Experience working with revenue software
Working @ NS1
Were a fast-growing, well-funded startup based in the heart of New York Citys Financial District with offices & team members around the world. Working at NS1, youll come to understand our team is unique, both in & out of the workplace. We have PhDs, musicians, artists, & athletes working side by side, dedicated to delivering first class products. Were hardworking, but we're also a compassionate group. We understand that outside of NS1 is a world that places demands on our time. Our leadership team is dedicated to open & honest communication & we continuously strive to foster a culture of transparency, flexibility, & creativity.
- competitive compensation (salary & stock options)
- medical, dental, & vision
- commuter benefits
- flexible hours & time off
- choice of workstation
NS1 is an equal opportunity employer.