Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the worlds first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable & financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories & home decor from 700+ brand partners & has built in-house proprietary technology & a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO & Co-Founder Jennifer Hymans leadership, RTR has been named to CNBCs Disruptor 50 five times in ten years, & has been placed on Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the TIME 100 most influential people in the world & as one of People magazines Women Changing the World.
About the Job:
We are seeking a talented, motivated digital-first Designer to collaborate with our creative team on design for our marketing channels. You will develop designs for paid & organic channels across social, CRM, growth marketing, email, & websites. This role requires a highly creative & imaginative individual who can operate within the framework of our style & brand guidelines to produce original, provocative, & engaging visual content. Our ideal candidate has a strong portfolio of successful design work, a bachelor's degree in graphic design, & comprehensive, expert-level knowledge of Figma, Adobe Suite, & related design software.
What Youll Do:
- Engage with the Art Director & Lead Designer during project briefs to ensure a unified, customer-centric & brief-aligned approach to visual solutions
- Work cross functionally with growth marketing stakeholders to ensure the creative is aligned with the business goals
- Collaborate with team members to ensure key information is incorporated into designs
- Work within brand & style guidelines, deliver novel visual solutions that support larger campaign & channel goals
- Leverage channel best practices, data & performance insights to deliver effective visual approaches & assets
- Create specialized assets for use on social media, in creative tests, or wherever necessary
- Collaborate with brand, integrated marketing, growth & creative peers to optimize designs for business performance
- Communicate & present design ideas clearly & concisely with a desire for feedback & input from others at key project milestones
- 3+ years of experience in design for in-house brands or agencies
- A foundational understanding of design & typography principles, layout & best practices across digital, UI/UX, print, & a desire to continually strengthen that understanding.
- Excellent communication & problem-solving skills
- Bachelor's degree in graphic design preferred
- Portfolio review of successful design work required
- Ability to work under tight deadlines with high quality output & attention to detail
- Comprehensive knowledge of design software, including Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, & Figma
- HTML knowledge is preferred
- Animation skills are a plus
- English fluency required
At Rent the Runway, were committed to the wellbeing of our employees, & aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal & professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, & family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves & their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, & have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription & rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA & dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first & weve got you covered.
- 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events & outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
- Hybrid Work - our corporate employees have the option to work remotely 3 days a week, in accordance with Company policies.
COVID-19 VACCINE REQUIREMENT:
RTR is requiring all US corporate employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 in order to work in person, unless an employee requires a reasonable accommodation for medical or religious reasons. If you believe that you may require an accommodation, please apply for any roles that interest you & if hired, you will receive information on how to request a reasonable accommodation after your start date. RTR will evaluate all such requests in accordance with Company policy & applicable law.
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 & over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing & characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
The anticipated base salary for this position is $78,000 - $98,000. The actual base salary offered will depend on a variety of factors, including without limitation, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held.